1) What is your first name?
Melinda, but I prefer Mindy
2) Were you named after anyone?
No, my parents just liked the name.
3) Do you wish on stars?
4) When did you last cry?
A few days ago, due to my frustrations at home.
5) Do you like your handwriting?
No. I used to have nice handwriting but as I get older it gets worse and it takes less writing to make my hands hurt, which in turn makes my writing look worse.
6) What is your favorite lunch meat?
Turkey, turkey, and turkey.
7) What is your birth date?
It's in April :)
8) What is your most embarrassing CD?
The Dead Milkmen's Beelzebubba.
9) If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you?
I think so, although I'd think she were a bit loony.
10) Are you a daredevil?
Not so much anymore. I was moreso when I was younger and didn't always think through the consequences.
11) Do looks matter?
A little. I like people for who they are, not how they look. However, I also notice the long-haired rock star types when they walk down the road :)
12) How do you release anger?
I tend to fume internally, which is something I need to work on. If I really get upset I throw nonbreakable stuff at the wall, but try to go for a walk instead.
13) Where is your second home?
I have two, Karri's house and Dana's house.
14) Do you trust others easily?
Not as much as I used to, but I tend to trust people until they give me a reason not to. I should probably act the other way, though.
15) What was your favorite toy as a child?
I preferred paper and coloring books with crayons, markers, colored pencils, etc.
16) What class in high school was totally useless?
Physics. My teacher was horrible and it was a total waste of time to go. I think if I had a better teacher I wouldn't feel that way.
17) Do you have a journal?
Yep. I have this blog and I have a hand-written journal where I tend to write stuff I don't want on the Internet but have to get out. Sometimes it's the same stuff in both places.
18) Do you use sarcasm a lot?
I think I have a very sarcastic sense of humor and do tend to use it a lot, probably more than I should. Sometimes I'm taken the wrong way when I use it in humor so I try to watch it.
19) What are your nicknames?
Min, Bogoo, Mimby, Muffin, Fred, Mindola... the list goes on. I pretty much don't care what people call me as long as it's not "Bitch" or something like that.
20) Would you bungee jump?
Nope! I'm not a big fan of heights and see no reason for me to jump off something that high if it's not falling apart.
21) Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
22) Do you think that you are strong?
Usually. However, there are times I wish someone would take care of me so that I didn't always have to be strong. It's very tiring.
23) What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
24) Bush or Kerry?
25) Pen or pencil?
26) Football or basketball?
27) Shoe size?
Oh Lord! Not the shoe size thing again! (mine is anywhere between 7.5 and 8.5, depending on the brand and style)
28) Red or pink?
29) What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
Not crazy about my physical look at the moment, and I don't like that I tend to push people sometimes to see how far I can go without something happening.
30) Who do you miss most?
My sister. She's in CA and I'm in PA and we don't talk or see each other as often as we'd like.
31) Do you want everyone to whom you send this to send it back?
I guess if I was emailing it, but it's just in my blog. Frankly, I'm amazed if anyone has gotten this far LOL!
32) What color pants are you wearing?
I'm in my pjs, so silky red ones with pink roses -- looks better than it sounds.
33) What are you listening to right now?
Watching Last of the Mohicans
34) What was the last thing you ate?
Cheesecake late last night.
35) If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
36) What is the weather like right now?
Cloudy and chilly, in the40s.
37) Who is the last person you talked to on the phone?
Probably Doug at work, one of the agents for whom I'm creating marketing materials at the moment.
38) The first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
39) Do you like the person who sent this to you?
40) Who was it?
Laura -- got if from her blog.
41) What is your favorite drink?
42) Favorite sport?
43) Would you rather sing or dance in public?
44) What will you be on Halloween?
I don't really do the Halloween dress-up thing. Maybe next Halloween I will, as I should be thinner and will feel more comfortable about it.
45) Do you wear contacts?
46) Pet peeve?
47) Goal in life?
That's so general a question. I have many goals, some are long-term, some short-term. My main goal is to be happy, which encompasses all sorts of smaller goals.
48) Last movie you watched?
I'm watching Last of the Mohicans
now, does that count? In the theater -- The Village
, which I actually liked very much.
49) Favorite day of the year?
50) Scary movies or happy endings?
Depends on my mood. I love a good horror (not necessarily slasher) but sometimes I like a happy ending.
51) Summer or winter?
52) Hugs or kisses?
53) Mountains or the beach?
54) What is your favorite dessert?
55) Who is most likely to respond?
Probably Dianne :)
56) Who is the least likely to respond?
I don't know. Everyone else? LOL
57) Living arrangements?
Tim and I live together with Smokey the Cat in a small rented apartment.
58) What books are you reading?
Going to start the LOTR series soon, having read The Silmarillion
. Not reading anything at the moment, though.
59) What's on your mouse pad?
Nothing, it's a grey mousepad with a wrist rest.
60) Who was your first true love?
I think it was a good male friend of mine in college, although I didn't realize it until much later when it was too late to do anything about it and we were no longer friends. Very long story I'd rather not get into right now.
61) What did you watch last night on tv?
Nothing, I actually left the house for once!
62) Favorite smells?
vanilla, cinnamon, roses, citrus basil, Moonbeam from B&BW, Curve for Men
63) Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
The Beatles, although I like more from the Stones than I used to.
64) Do you believe in evolution or creation?
Both. I believe in Evolution but also that God put the whole thing in motion.
65) What's the furthest you've been from home?
Not sure of the mileage, but visiting my sister in CA is the farthest I've been from my home, in PA.