Mindy Memories

Friday, November 26, 2004

Day after Thanksgiving

Actually I wrote a very long entry two days ago about various stuff, but Blogger ate it and I was pretty irritated so didn't write it again.

Hope everybody had a nice Thanksgiving. I did. Tim and I went to his mom's and different parts of his family stopped by at different time, so that was nice. His family has always accepted me as part of the family, and I'm grateful for that. Not every family would accept somebody of a different race into their family, and both of ours have done so. Today is Tim's birthday and he's going to hang out with his brother who is in from Florida and some of his friends. He and I will do something next weekend after I get paid. I just didn't have anything left after paying some bills with the last one. It's going to be a while yet before I'm caught up with things.

Today he had to work and I'm going to get the Christmas stuff up. I'm not sure where the three will go, as the furniture is different and bigger than what we had before. I'm afraid that the only spot for it may block the tv from my stitching perch. I'm sure I'll figure out a way around it :)

As for my Weight Watchers, I'm very proud to say that I only went over by 3 points yesterday! I was careful about what I ate and didn't keep eating just for the sake of eating, which is hard where there are so many yummy things. I also had a piece of cheesecake, and that used a lot of points but was homemade and sooooo worth it!

Tim's poor sister! She's been sick for over a year now and the doctors still aren't sure what the problem really is. She had her gall bladder removed this past year, and that helped but didn't fix everything. At the time, she had been running a fever of about 100 for months and the gall bladder removal brought her temperature back down to normal. She still has the inflammation where everything hurts, and she's got the thing with her feet where she really can't feel them very well. She has to look to know if she has socks or shoes on, etc. So, they have her taking various medications, one of which is Pregnizone (sp?). The steroids have her all swollen and puffed up and then she takes stuff to counteract some of the problems with the steroids. Ugh. She's such a beautiful woman, inside and out, and I hate to see her going through this. It started right after her husband had recovered from having inches of his colon removed, so that family has really been through it and they aren't that old.

Today is butt cold! I think this is the coldest day we've had so far and it's going to be 29 overnight. This will be quite normal for the winter, and I keep forgetting that it will be December in a few days. Fall is my favorite season and always goes so fast for me. It seems like just a few days ago that the multi-colored leaves were still on the trees and absolutely gorgeous. Now most of the trees are bare or nearly so, and the leaves are everywhere.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Kiwi Jo said…

    It sounds like you have a nice family Mindy. Congrats on keeping to your WW plan yesterday - I was very bad but will get back on track today. Have fun putting up the Christmas decorations - I think I will wait until next weekend when our house guests have left. Jo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home