Mindy Memories

Monday, November 08, 2004

More stuff to say this evening

I just came back from reading some messages at Just Plain Chat. I'm so disgusted by the namecalling on both sides of the political arena. Look, my guy lost. Yes, I'm upset about it. Yes, I am not happy at all that Bush was re-elected. But come on! That doesn't mean that all conservatives are stupid, or that all liberals and moderates are intelligent. I do know a few conservatives who are relatively intelligent who say very nasty and hurtful things to those who don't agree, and I know some liberals who are the same way. I know politics are very personal, but this constant nastiness is stupid. By all means, disagree with what others are saying. But when you start pulling out the stereotypes, calling the other guys Nazis and bitching about who is stupid and who is moral, you've lost your argument IMHO.

As for stitching, I'm going to work more on Deco Spirits tonight while I'm getting some laundry done. I haven't stitched much these last few days and I really feel better if I get at least 30 minutes of stitching in a day. I'm determined to finish this thing this month so I can get on with my life LOL!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    I hoped that the nastiness would stop after the election...hopefully things will calm down soon.

    Good luck with the WW thing! I've been tempted to join a group here, but I don't have anyone to go with and I don't want to go by myself :(

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    It would be nice if everyone got their brain back. If you comment on something nasty someone says you get told that you are "putting words in my mouth". Pardon me but you are the one that typed it in the first place.

    SHeesh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home