Mindy Memories

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Wednesday morning

Well, I've done pretty well on my two days on WW. Got a ways to go, obviously :-) It once again shows me that my portion sizes are way off, I tend to eat too much dairy and not enough fruits and veggies. Can't remember if I said this already, but my gym isn't opening until 11/24 now. In the meantime, I'm getting up earlier in the morning. I'm not actually exercising, but getting on the computer instead LOL, but at least I'm getting in the habit of getting up early enough. This week I'm concentrating on food, and next week I'll start throwing in the exercise. That way I'm not changing too much at once. I tend to go all out when I do things like this, and I think that's part of my problem. So this time I'm starting out more slowly.

Going to send a mass email out today to all the agents at work. It will basically inform them that I'm now full time and will reiterate what I can do for them. I haven't sent one of those "this is what I can do for you" emails in a while, and I really should send them monthly. Also, I'm going to remind them that I need a 48-hour turnaournd. At first I was able to get things done for people very quickly because I didn't have as much to do. Well, now I've made a position for myself and have PLENTY to do, which is good, but they need to start getting stuff to me more than 2 hours before they need it. It doesn't help that the due date many use is always ASAP. When many start using ASAP it loses all meaning and it makes me decide who will get done first and that's not right. So, I'm going to start retraining them. Of course, this kind of retraining never ends, but I'll keep at it.

So, my first weight goal for myself is to lose 10 pounds. When I lose 10 pounds:
  • my current clothes will fit better
  • I'll be able to wear a few sweaters that don't look so hot right now
  • I'll wear some other clothes that are a bit snug at the moment and don't *quite* fit right
  • my shoes will fit better
  • my legs will be much leaner, since I tend to lose weight there first
  • I'll walk and go up stairs quicker
  • I'll take up less gut room in the car in front of the steering wheel :)
Those are just a few things I know will happen when I lose my first ten pounds, so I'm looking forward to hitting that 200 mark. I'll be even happier to hit th 199 mark.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Becky said…

    Hi, thanks for the link- I'm really enjoying your site!

    If I may make a suggestion, set a second short-term goal. the first goal of 10 pounds is great, but set an intermediate goal, also. WW suggests 10% of your current weight, and it's a great landmark to use.

    The reason I suggest this is because when ask me how they can lose 10 pounds, I say drink 100 oz water every day for two weeks, and eat 1/4 less of whatever it is you're eating right now. The water alone should take care of the first 5-6 pounds (literally)! I have a lot of confidence you'll lose 10 pounds in your first two-three weeks on WW if you drink the water.

    An intermediate goal will help you stay the course after those first honeymoon weeks are over-

    Good luck, I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Good luck Mindy! You know I am pulling for you!!!!
    I want to lose weight too. I am lazy about what I eat and eat a lot of prepared foods lately. You think eating soup for lunch would be good, but then look at all the sodium in it. I don't like sandwiches that much either. I really need to sit down and make a plan. I can't live on rabbit food like salads all the time. It's so darn hard especially those trips to the food store. I have to get food that a teenager likes to eat. The last time I lost about 10 pounds was on a liver cleansing diet because of my wacky enzymes. I'll have to pull that book out again. The author didn't like red meat or dairy. Everything you eat is filtered through your liver. I do remember her wanting you to drink a glass of water with lemon the first thing in the morning. I am keeping a bottle of water next to the bed lately as the heat is making us so dry. Water is the key I think.

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    Best of luck to you :)

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger Mindy said…

    Thanks everybody :)

    I like the idea of setting an intermediate goal. My first 10% 21 pounds, so that's about the same as my second 20 pound goal. Hmmmm... maybe I'll make my intermediate goal non-weight related, making it a fitness goal or something. I'll have to think about this for a little while. It really helps to have support of my online and "real-life" friends, although I hate that term because I consider many of my online friends to be real friends.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home