Mindy Memories

Monday, November 15, 2004

Down five pounds!

I had a great first week on WW! I was down 5.2 pounds today at WI. I realize that we tend to lose quite a bit the first week and it evens out after that, but it's still a great motivation. I actually looked and felt thinner today. My pants were much baggier, as I tend to lose weight easiest from my legs. I think my lower tummy is just a tad smaller, too. I'm not sure if anybody notices, but I can feel it and it's nice :)

I'm irritated as hell at Tim at the moment. This weekend, I was informed that he's no longer going to go to parties at my best friend's house because he only sees those people there and no other time. Of course, these people like him and want to be friends with him, but he says they are "my friends" so he doesn't really try, which I think is stupid. He has a few good friends, but he's also had a few who were horrible who he has let go in the last few years. He also informed me that going to my parents' place in Florida for Christmas is a "one-shot deal" and how ticked he is that I'm "making" him do something I know he "despises." When I brought up how much I've been there for him and his family stuff -- brother's funeral, mom is a shut-in, etc. -- I hear that the difference is that they are in-state. Therefore, my family isn't important because they live in different states, so that's my fault you see. I know he hates his job and everything, but quite frankly I'm getting really freakin' tired of this "poor me" shit! I think he's getting worse and I'm not going to put up with this attitude much longer. I feel a nightmare coming on. I love him but I'm not going to live the rest of my life with a person who has this attitude. I'm sick of being positive for both of us. Even when I was out of work I had a better outlook. He won't even go to the damn doctor so they can do a sleep study and figure out his snoring problem so we can sleep in the same bed. He keeps saying he's "planning" on it, but you know what that means.

Bah! I hate going off like this but it just irritates the heck out of me. I've had to work hard for what little I have, too. In fact, most people have. I know few people who have been handed everything on a silver platter. The problem is that the jerks he work for are people like that and they treat people horribly. I wish he had taken me up on my offer to support us while I was making much better money a few years ago -- I told him to just quit and look for something else. He didn't, and I respect why -- he didn't want to leave me with that burden. Well, I was still paying the same bills when I was on Unemployment as I was when I was working, and he didn't think that was a burden?

Anyway, enough of that. I guess I just had to get it out. I really don't know how I'm going to handle this but he's given me a lot more to think about than he probably realizes, and I need to figure out how to talk to him about it, if that's even possible.

But, I lost 5 pounds, so that helps :)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    I hear you with the snoring issues. And I hear you about irritable men that don't want to do anything too.
    Tonight my issue was my father-in-law picking up the phone at any time of the night for some dumb thing he saw on tv and he just had to tell Brian. It was 10:45 tonight. I asked Brian to tell pops not to call after 10 for non-emergency issues. He went to bed mad. This is a 20 yr union and I'll tell you Mindy, Tim and you sound like an old married couple. Good luck with men and if you figure them out, let me know.
    You are right, concentrate on you and you losing 5 pounds is so great!

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    Congrats on the weight loss...that's wonderful!

    I hope Tim wakes up and realizes what a wonderful person he's with...and stops acting like a jerk! Spending Christmas in Florida isn't the end of the world, nor is attending a party at your best friend's house.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home