Mindy Memories

Saturday, November 06, 2004

Saturday musings -- another long one

1. Well, looks like I did a number on my blog set-up. I added the WW webring, which I don't actually have up and running yet. It seems to be a bit too big for the sidebar so I went in to change the width of the sidebar. Now the sidebar stuff shows up at the bottom because it's leaking into the main part of my blog, and the entire blog itself seems less wide than before. I posted on a message board for help, but if anybody reading this has any ideas I'm open to them! I'm stubborn and can usually figure these things out, but I'm taking a break from it so I don't get obsessed about it.

2. I'm really excited about going to WW on Monday. My boss's boss is going, as is one of my coworkers, as we're going during our lunch hour and the place is right around the corner. I'm reading various WW journals, looking at pictures of people who lost more weight than I need to lose, and have been wandering around some swim sites. I'm trying not to set myself up for disappointment and want to set realistic goals. I'm trying to think about it in terms of 10 pound goals, rather than the 70 pounds that I want to lose. If I think about it all at once it seems too much, but I can lose 10 pounds 7 times, right? I've started and stopped so many times, I've got to stick to this!

As much as I'm looking forward to swimming again, I'm very anxious about it. I know I look absolutely horrid in a bathing suit, and I use the competitive suits because I can move in them. They work great for that, but they are very unforgiving. Also, my legs were always my best asset, but they are even more flabby than usual. I just need to get over the fact that I look horrible in a suit with my pale and flabby self LOL! At least it's obvious that the reason I'm there is because I'm doing something about it, right?

3. I haven't set any stitching goals for a while, but I will for this month. My main goal for November is to finish Deco Spirits. I started the fourth and final block last night. Since each block has been taking me aboug 40 hours to stitch, I figure that will take most of the month. If I finish it early, I'll work 10 hours on Guardian Angel and 10 hours on Christmas Flourishes.

4. I'm going to take a bunch of my stitching stuff to work for a few days. I now have access to a scanner and am going to scan in my current WIPs and finished projects. I've finished and started a lot in the past year and my album doesn't reflect it. Then I can add one of those "working on/completed" listings on my sidebar -- assuming I don't mess up the coding :) I've been seeing these cool graphs where you can show the percentage done on various projects, but I haven't figured out how to upload that, either. I think I need Flash and need to download it, but it takes forever to download stuff on dial-up, so I may wait. I have a lot on my sidebar as it is, anyway. Hmmmm... I know that there's a blog I visit that has sidebars on both sides. I need to go check and see how they did it. I like my basic blog set up (love the blue) and don't want to change it too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home