Mindy Memories

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Had a great time last night

Last night (Friday) Karri and I went to see a good production of Yeoman of the Guard at Westchester University. One of our friends was conducting the orchestera. The music was great, as was the singing and acting, but the diction wasn't so good and it was hard for me to tell what they were singing. I think a lot of it was due to the acoustics in the place, and the fact that so much Gilbert and Sullivan is very fast and getting all of that out while being loud to be heard and getting the diction perfect is probably damn near impossible. My diction was always bad, so I know I couldn't do any better. In college Marion, our choir director, used to tell us to be careful so we didn't sound like the Southern Latin Choir singing Mozart's Requeim LOL!

I went way over my points again last night, at the last minute. I thought we'd have a bigger dinner but we didn't have time so I had a few points left and we stopped by Acme to pick up a few things Karri needs for today, after the musical. So, it was about midnight and I was hungry and I picked up a container of 2 cheesecake slices and I ate both of them. Oh well, I went over by 12 points. I still have 9 weekly points for the weekend, but I'm going to avoid eating them, which means being very careful today at the birthday party. I'm not planning on staying long anyway because these parties always end up with too many people in too small a space and a bunch of kids running around. I can't handle close crowds like that and am not used to a bunch of hellions running around at once, so I already told Dana I probably wouldn't stay long. She understands, and it's not like Kylie will remember that Aunt Mindy didn't stay all day for her first birthday party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home