Mindy Memories

Friday, November 12, 2004

Woohoo! It's Friday :)

Wow, what a week! They made me full-time just in time, I think. Of course, yesterday I spent most of the day fighting three printers. My labels got stuck in the b&w printer and we had to use tweezers to get a few pieces out that came off. I was printing the monthly newsletter on the fast color printer, which wasn't going fast at all. My newsletter kept spooling, and spooling... and spooling... Finally, I converted the file to a postscript file, then a pdf and that worked, at first. It printed a couple copies of the whole thing then the fonts went wacky and it started using symbol fonts for bits and pieces, here and there. It wasn't just one font that changed, and it wasn't all of just one font that changed. Finally, I printed the last 60 (out of 100) 5 at a time and that worked. Good thing about being stubborn is I don't let these things get the best of me and I still got them all stapled and stuffed to go out before I went home so it wasn't hanging over my head. In the meantime, my wonderful (and I'm not being sarcastic -- she's great!) IT person is working on the problem.

As for the Weight Watchers, I'm doing OK. I had to use 4 weekly points yesterday. In the middle of all that nonsense I had a chocolate attack, but was careful. I got a Cookie M&M Bar out of the machine as it has the smallest amount of calories and such, and was a 4 point yummy instead of 5 or 6. When I got home Tim wanted to order out. Instead of getting pizza or something I ordered a turkey pita, dry with only lettuce, tomato and pickles. So, I think I handled a stressful day pretty well. Today I'm doing pretty good. I have two points left for the day, already had dinner and am pretty full at the moment.

If I remember from the older Points System, we had a range rather than one set number. I think the weekly points are to help make up for the difference, so I'm not worried if I use a few of them every day -- a few. I don't want to use them all in a week if I can help it because that seems like too much to me. But if I use 28 or 29 (I think 29 was the limit before) I'm OK with that, at least in the beginning. I'm looking forward to the meeting on Monday. Wanda and I can get there on time now that we know it starts at 11:30, not 12:00 like it says on the WW site.

I'm going to pick up some "in-between" groceries this weekend. I get most of my groceries every 2 weeks when I get paid, but I usually go once in-between so that I have fresh produce and dairy. I'll be sure to get graham crackers and Cool Whip Free. I've heard that you can make something similar to an ice cream sandwich with two squares and the Cool Whip and it's one point. Sounds yummy!

As for stitching, I plan on getting more work done on Deco Spirits this week. I'm still not used to my new stitching spot and it's not as comfortable as where I've stitched for the last few years, so I'm not stitching as much. My goal for the month is to finish Deco Spirits, so I better get going because it will probably take another 35 hours. I've been stitching mainly on the weekend, and next weekend I have a birthday party to attend on Saturday. I'm also going to see a friend's production of Yeoman of the Guard on Friday and am looking forward to it. So, next weekend probably won't see a lot of stitching around here :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home