Mindy Memories

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Wednesday afternoon lunch break

Went over my target points by 2 yesterday, but made sure I took them out of my weekly flex points. I'm trying not to use too many of those, but that last natural ginger ale was just sitting in the fridge looking at me, and I do love that stuff.


Doing well today. I'm glad I had a few nibbles between breakfast and lunch because I forgot about a 1:00 meeting and got lunch at 2:00. I'm trying to drink less soda, and did well yesterday. Today I still felt funny after a cup of hot tea so I got a 12 oz. can of Diet Coke -- better than the normal 20oz. bottle at any rate.

I'm going to re-read Getting Things Done this weekend. Yes, I know it sounds like an exciting book but the ideas really helped me "get things done" at Piano Lane. Now I'm getting bogged down and constantly putting out fires and I need to nip it in the bud. Getting people to actually use due dates instead of ASAP when they give me stuff will help, but I need to do more to keep myself organized. I remember I had a lot of folders. I think it was set up kinda like my card system at home -- a folder for each day of the month, etc. I remember that it took me some time to implement, but since I'm just starting to get overwhelmed here I think it will be quicker. I waited too long to start it at Piano Lane.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home