Mindy Memories

Monday, November 29, 2004

GRRRRR!!!

I was very good last night and got all my stuff together to go swimming this morning. I bought some extra goggles and caps because that always helps me get psyched for swimming, strange as it may sound. I was trying to get over the fact that I feel I look ridiculous in a bathing suit -- that's why I'm swimming and doing WW in the first place, right? Gotta start somewhere.

Since it was a long weekend I couldn't get to sleep early so got to bed about 1am and set the alarm for 5:30am so that I could get myself up and in my suit and over clothes and then swim before work. I got up, stopped by the store to pick up some lunch items, and went to the gym -- only to find that "the pool will not be open until further notice." GRRRRRRRR!!!!! I was kicking myself because I should have known! The gym just opened last week and I should have called to be sure the pool would actually be opening, too. I didn't have the right clothes to do anything else and instead took an extra long hot shower and took my time getting ready for work. I'm still here an hour early so I'm doing some personal Internet stuff.

Oh well. Can't say I didn't try. I can still do the treadmill and weights but I honestly don't get excited over that kind of stuff. Hmph!

On a happier note, here's the SQoTW:

Do you know it all or is there something out in the stitching world you still want to know how to do?
I'm pretty good with whole stitches, partial stitches and specialty stitches. I'm OK with French knots, but don't go out of my way to do them. The one thing I haven't the nerve to try yet is Hardanger. Yeah, yeah -- everybody tells me how easy it is, and it really is beautiful. I just know how much frogging I do and fixing cut threads isn't quite so easy. I hope to take a Hardanger class at CATS in Hershey next year. I think it will help if I actually learn from a person rather than trying to learn from written instructions. There are some gorgeous designs out there that call for Hardanger, so it would give me an excuse to buy more :)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger Erica said…

    Wow, your Deco Spirits looks great!!! How colorful and vivid! I think it's hard to get excited about the treadmill and weights. I hope the swimming works out for you next time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home