Mindy Memories

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Early Wednesday

I was up early this morning and decided to change my insurance from Progressive to Geico. I'm getting more with Geico than I did with Progressive for about the same price, so I think it was a good move.

Yesterday was my splurge day. I went 10 points over LOL! There was a Turkey Hill Ice Cream guy in the lobby of the building giving away free cups of a new flavor of ice cream they are promoting. Weight Watchers or not, I'm not going to dismiss free ice cream :) Since I was home late, Tim was hungry by the time I got home and decided he didn't want to wait and ordered out. I got a turkey club, which isn't too bad but not too great. It filled me up and I had nothing else for dinner, but it was still 12 points, if I figured it right. I also had a 3 point glass of Coke. So, I'll be good the rest of the week. That's what I like about the system -- it helps me learn that I don't have to "diet" but that I do have to be accountable to the choices I make and to keep a kind of food budget.

The reason I was late coming home was because it took me 90 minutes to get to work. GRRRR! Why they decided to start digging a hole in the road during rush hour is beyond me. So, everybody going from my area and farther out into Philadelphia using City Avenue had to get into one lane to get through this intersection at 8AM. Man, what a mess! So, I stayed an hour late to make up for arriving at 9:30 instead of 8:30. I may see about changing my schedule from 8:30-5:00 to 9:30-6:00. That way I can get some things done around here in the morning after Tim goes to work. It's impossible to do anything when he's home and I'm no longer home during the day once a week like I have been for quite some time. I think I'll ask Donna about it today. It won't affect the times I am the back-up switchboard person and I'll still take lunch at the same time, so I think it will be OK.

I'm finally going to answer the Stitching Question of the Week:

Do you find that having another distraction (music, movies, people to
talk to) while stitching helps you make progress or make mistakes?


It helps me quite a bit. I usually "watch" tv while I'm stitching. I tend to watch movies and programs I have already seen so that I can listen more than watch. I seem to be partial to watching the LOTR trilogy while stitching because I love to just listen to the voices and the music. Of course, I've watched them enough times to know what's going on without seeing it :)


Last week's Stitching Question of the Week:

What project has been a WIP/UFO the longest? Or what project took you the longest to complete?

I think for me it's a tie between Mirabilia's Sleeping Beauty and L&L's Angel of Love. I've been working on both of them a little at a time for close to 2 years now. I'm closer to finishing Angel of Love than Sleeping Beauty, mainly because Sleeping Beauty is HUGE! They were both work projects, taken to work to help get me to take lunches, but it didn't work so nothing was done on them for a very long time. Right now I'm working on some projects for friends so haven't been working much on my own stuff.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Becky said…

    There were some posts a while back (and I'm sure it comes up time to time) on the Weight Watchers message boards about "The Wendy Plan"... on the Wendy plan, you vary your point intake each day to keep your metabolism guessing- for example it would work like this:

    Mon: average point level
    Tues: low point level- bottom of the range or a couple under
    Wed: High point level- top of the range or a couple over
    Thurs: average

    etc etc etc... So, your 10-points-over day may work into that approach- I don't suggest going 10 over every day though... (duh).

    Keep up the great work!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home