Mindy Memories

Friday, November 05, 2004

Long post

This is gonna be a long one, because I have a lot to say. Hope you have your soda and popcorn.

1. The election: Congratuations to those who voted for Bush. I did not. I'm more upset about the outcome than I thought I would be. I understand why people who voted for Bush are happy, and if more people voted for Bush then of course he should be in office. I think I'm a little upset not because "my guy" lost but because I feel this country is more divided than ever. I talked to my uncle today about if it was worse during Vietnam (I was born in '71) and he said it wasn't necessarily worse, just different. I'm pro-choice. I respect that others aren't, but I am. I'm seriously thinking about getting surgery done that I never thought I'd get because I don't find it to be medically necessary -- tubal ligation. I doubt I could actually have an abortion if I was pregnant, but I like knowing I have a choice. I'm not fit to be a mother, I don't care what anybody says. Only I know what is right for me. I'm also upset that while we are sending people to fight in Iraq, our border patrols are laying people off. I'm not making this up, I got this straight from a person who works the border. I don't understand how less border guards and more fighting in ONE of many country harboring terrorists will make my country safe. In the meantime, we act like North Korea doesn't exist.

No, I'm not moving to Canada. No, I'm not going to wail on the boards for the next four years because my guy didn't get into office. Bush won fair and square. However, I also feel that my feelings are legitimate just like the ones on "the other side" and hate that some are telling us it's just sour grapes. Of course, there are always a few who have to be obnoxious and they are obnoxious about everything, so why am I surprised?

2. On a good note, I'm going full-time as of next week! Woohoo! I was told this morning when I came to work that it was definite. That extra day of pay each week is going to be a huge help and I'll be able to do more marketing work for the agents. I've been working 4 days for a few months and I liked having that extra day, but I need the money. So, now I'm making about what I made when I first started at Piano Lane almost four years ago. It's not great, but it's better than going back to what I was making when I was working at Presser AND a second job and it still was less than what I earned at Piano Lane that first year. I'm sure in a little while my pay will be back up to where it was, probably higher. Everybody loves my work, so that's a good sign.

3. I'm starting Weight Watchers (again) on Monday with a few ladies from work. When I did this before I did OK, but it was the online version. I think having friends who are doing the same thing and going to actual meetings once a week will really help me out. My gym opens on 11/15 and then I'm planning on swimming at least three days a week, on M, W and F. Monday will be before or after work, W and F will be during lunch. That way I get at least three days in and then the other days are open for walking or tapes or nothing. After a while I'll probably need to do more than three days, but for now it's a great start. I've been doing very little exercising and it certainly shows.

4. Tim and I are both going to FL to visit my family for Christmas. It's the first time he's going down with me, but he's met everybody except my brother's family. It should be nice. My sister is helping me with airfare so we only need to cover the motel room. We talked my mom into doing a Polyanna this year so that everybody just gets one thing for one person, except for Adam since he's only a little guy. This will help a lot, also. I'm so thankful for my sister helping me out. This last year really has been rough financially and now it will slowly start getting back on track.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Kiwi Jo said…

    Thanks for visiting my blog Mindy. You kitty is adorable - I can't imagine life without pets! Good luck with WW and exercising. I'm trying to lose weight too so we can cheer each other on. Have a grreat weekend. Jo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home