Mindy Memories

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Hershey CATS

I'm finally sitting my butt down to post about this, although it was over a week ago :-)

I had a great time, of course! Sheri was coming down from Long Island and suggested she pick me up as it wasn't far out of the way. So I met her at my friend's house as she lives about 2 miles from the Interstate. We had a good trip out there until we got lost in Hershey because MapQuest goofed us up. After a while we found our motel and then went on to the Lodge where we met Sally and Anne. What a riot! I finally met the Chicken Purse Woman! We also met quite a few ladies from the 123 board, including Karin and Linda B. We also saw Linda with Cole's Quilts and the ones she brought were absolutely lovely. That night a bunch of us went over to Chocolate World and took the tour, and that was fun -- and FREE. The next day we all hung out for lunch and did a lot of shopping and stitching and general chattering. Karin stayed with Sheri since we wanted her to stay longer and this way she could drive home in the morning. We left early Sunday and got home at a decent time, although we got lost close to home. I rarely have a reason to take I76 and somehow we got on I276 and almost went over the bridge to Jersey. At that time we knew we'd goofed. We got there OK, and Sheri got home OK.

The market was wonderful! I had a very limited budget, but was thankful to LynSC for what I had. Lynn and Sheri were the ones who made this trip possible for me and I can't thank them enough. So I did buy a few things at the market but there was sooo much there that I could have bought if I'd had more money -- but that's why it was good I didn't have a lot. I would have bought much more for my stash and I really don't need stash right now. However, I did make a note of what designs I liked so I can visit websites and such, or so I know what to look for next year. I'm definitely going next year and plan to stay at the Lodge so I'm right there the whole time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home