Mindy Memories

Friday, November 19, 2004

OMG she dropped her towel!!

This whole controversy over the Monday Night Football lead-in earlier this week is just getting ridiculous. I personally thought it was funny, but do understand the other side to an extent. Normally my argument is that if you don't want your kids to see something on tv, don't let them watch it, but nobody knew this was coming. I think a lot of little kids see worse on daytime tv if their parents let them watch it, though. Apologies have been made, and I honestly don't think kids make a big deal about this stuff unless they see the parents make a big deal about it. However, what's getting me is the whole racial thing. Some white people are upset because -- the horror! -- it was a black man and a white woman. If it had been a white man and a white woman it wouldn't have been such a big deal, huh? Of course there's the other end, the blacks who think this was a racial slur about black men going nuts over "white meat." Come on! When are people going to allow people to be with the ones they want? I've been with a black man for almost 6 years now. Believe me, if we were only together because we believed the stupid stereotypes that revolve around interracial relationships we would have broken up long ago. We are with each other because we love each other, although that love does get strained at times, just like any other relationship. I really think a lot of Americans need to get a grip.

As for Weight Watchers, I'm very proud of my work yesterday. We had two birthday cakes for an older gentleman at the firm. I didn't have any of it and I had to go in the kitchen a few times. One of the ladies told me I should have just a taste and enjoy it, but I told her I couldn't. When it comes to cake I can't have "just a taste" because it turns into a small piece, than a medium piece, etc. as I cut a little sliver off about 10 times LOL! Normally I would have had some, but I had that ice cream earlier in the week, am going to a friend's house for dinner tonight and a birthday party tomorrow. So, I have plenty enough going on where I have to watch myself and may go over a few points that I don't need extra cake.

I did get a little work done on Deco Spirits last night. It was only an hour, but it's something. I just can't get as comfortable in my new stitching area as I was in the old one. I'm facing a different way and the couch is much softer than the old one. I'll figure something out, but that's a big reason why I'm not stitching so much lately, and probably part of the reason I'm crankier lately.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    Good for you! I don't know if I could have passed that cake by...yum...now I want a piece of cake. Good luck with your points this weekend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home