Mindy Memories

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

No pool today for Mindy :(

I just called to see if the pool was open, and they said to check back about 10am. Well, since I actually can't spend all day waiting for the pool to open, I guess I'll be going tomorrow. I might fit it in after work, but I doubt it. The reason I want to go in the morning or lunchtime is because the sun starts setting around 4pm and by the time I leave at 5pm it's pretty much dark and I'm just in no frame of mind to exercise. Going to exercise in the dark in the morning is different because I know it's the beginning of the day. I can't really go at lunch today because my boss wasn't in yesterday and I don't want to throw that at her at the last minute because we hadn't talked about it in a while and she may have forgotten I was going to take a long lunch hour a few times a week. Oh well, the pool will be open today or tomorrow, and it's not like by going today I'll lost 10 pounds right away or something LOL!

Now for yesterday's Monday Madness:

1. How did you choose a name for your blog?
I tend to talk a lot and have lots of stories to tell of myself and others that I find amusing or interesting in some way -- I think I'm the only one to find them so LOL! My college roomie's friend used to call them Mindy Memories, and it kinda stuck.

2. How many times have you changed the name of your blog?
It's always had this name.

3. How many blogs to you update regularly?
Only this one. I used to have a LiveJournal blog, but I prefer this setup.

4. How many times have you moved in your life?
If you count back and forth to college every year as a separate move, 17. If you don't count the college years, 9.

5. On a scale of 1-10, how stressful is moving (in your opinion)?
It depends on the situation. My most stressful move was when I was 14 and it was the first time I had moved and it was from Upstate NY to the Orlando area of FL. It really did a number on me -- major culture shock. Other times I've moved have been a pain, but not as stressful. Moving from FL to PA by myself wasn't as stressful, but it was a bit lonely for a while as I didn't know anyone here.

6. When moving, do you/would you rent a moving van/truck?
Depends on the distance. When I moved to my current apartment I took all the small stuff in my car in many trips because I had plenty of time and did a little every day. We took the big stuff in my friend's truck. If I have no truck available to me I have no choice but to rent something.

7. Do you wear glasses? If so, how old were you when you needed them?
Yes, I wear glasses. I started wearing them when I was 16 and my eyesight was just bad enough that I needed them to drive.

8. What one question would you hope someone running a meme, would ask?
I don't know. Off the top of my head: What was your favorite subject in high school.? If you went to college, was it your favorite there as well? (I'm not real great with coming up with blog questions.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home