Mindy Memories

Monday, November 08, 2004

Went to my first WW meeting today

It was OK. It took us a while to find it and it was during our lunch hour so we didn't have much time to actually do the "meeting thing." I did weigh in, at 211.4 pounds. That's about what I thought it would be considering I had a heavy sweater on. My scale at home is about right, so that's good. I'm looking forward to going to the next meeting and having more time to spend there.

My gym was supposed to open 11/15, but now it's not going to open until 11/24. Hmph! So, in the meantime I'll focus on what I'm eating and simple walking around the block and my WATP tapes. I'm trying to look at it this way: That's nine more days for me to lose an extra pound or two so I look just a teeny bit better in my suit :)

Yesterday Karri and I went to a craft show in Malvern. It wasn't at all what we expected (much smaller) but everything was great. The crafts were of very high quality, and therefore pricey, but I did buy a little pin made out of copper. It's a silhouette of a cat walking away from you in that haughty way they have. Very cute, and exactly what my Smokey does all the time. There was some wonderful pottery and handmade clothes. A beautiful purple coat was $350, so obviously not something I could buy, but I sure did appreciate the handiwork. I'm definitely going to go back there now and then.

I had dinner at Karri's house and found out that her oldest daughter wants to go to Cancun for Spring Break with her other friends. She's not in college, she's a senior in high school and will still only be 17 at Spring Break. Of course, her parents aren't letting it happen, but "supposedly" many of her friends are going and there's no chaperone. I realize that sometimes kids tell other parents this stuff so they will possibly let them go, but I bet there's a lot of truth to what she says. I have no kids so some will say I'm not allowed an opinion, but there's no way I'd let my high school daughter go to Cancun without any sort of responsible chaperone! Am I missing something? Am I already an old fossil age 33? Do most parents allow their kids to go on such vacations?

We bought our airfare ticketst for Christmas today, so that's taken care of. We aren't spending a lot of time in FL because we really don't have the money, but we are going down Friday morning and coming back Monday afternoon, so it will be a long weekend. My mom will be happy that we are all together, including my sister, for just a few days. It's hard when they and my brother's family are in Florida, we are in PA and my sister is in CA.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Mindy,
    I am sick of all the jabbing from people about the election. So what, it was the same as last time. Half of the voters are peeved again. We should call this the Republic of the USA. It seems that blogs, etc are good places to vent.
    What craft show did you go to in Malvern? You can email me privately if you want. We head that way every once in a while to see Brian's dad who lives off of route 30.
    Good luck with WW. My friend was suppose to send me WW books, but never did. I made low carb pasta tonight and it was like eating little tightly woven pieces of cardboard. Yum! I read on tribe.net in a recipe exchange tribe that this lady does the '3 bowl a day' way of eating-a bowl of hot cereal in the morning, a salad for lunch and broiled or cooked veggies with or without protein for dinner. I do think exercising is a big key to weight loss and since you love to swim, that should be great for you. I am having major problems with achy joints this fall. I wore heels yesterday and can bearly walk today. I did have Lyme Disease, but being in my mid-40s and needing to lose weight doesn't help either. I may go to a chiropractor and see if they can help me so I can join Curves or some other place.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home