Mindy Memories

Friday, November 26, 2004

Poor baby :(

Just got off the phone with Dana and Kylie's sick again. Apparently the day after her birthday party she came down with something (Sunday) and went to the doctor on Tuesday. The doctor said she has partial pneumonia in one lung and gave her antibiotics and to call on Friday if she's no better. Well, Kylie appears to be no better today so Dana called and was pretty much dismissed and told to call back at 12:00. She's miffed. Basically, there's one nurse there who thinks she's the doctor and can tell people that nothing is serious, blah blah blah, over the phone like that. Dana's not one to freak out over everything, but I think being worried about your one-year-old with pneumonia is something to worry about. She's also a bit worried about Kylie's immune system. She knows that kids tend to pick up everything when they are this age and in daycare, but it seems that often when she catches something it quickly turns into something worse. It's not like Dana lets her run a fever or cough for days and days before she calls the doctor.

I'm going to call Tim's mom this week and talk to her about her surgery. I didn't mention it earlier, but I could tell yesterday that she's tired of her knee problem. Tim says the main reason she has put it off is because of the rehab part and she lives alone. Tim has offered to stay with her, as he is the only child without his own kids and who doesn't get on her nerves, but I think she thinks it will upset the two of us. So, I'm going to talk to her about it. Growing up, my grandmother came to live with us when she broke her ankle, and she was there for a few months. That's what family does. If we had the room I'd bring her here, but we don't and she'd be happier in her own home anyway. There's an extra room with a futon at her place where Tim can stay for a while and it's no like it's far, far away or anything, just 30 minutes or so away. I'll still see him. As long as I can still get rent money from him I'll be OK. I told him that I really am not able to live here a few months completely on my own, and he understands that and we'll work that out. As for the rest -- if I'm the only one eating food and using the electricity, there's no reason for him to help with that. He'll be having to help his mom with groceries and such since he's there.

So, we'll see what happens. I hope that after we talk she'll go ahead and start planning for the surgery. I can tell it's really starting to take a toll on her.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Ah Poor Kylie! I hope she is doing better. She sounds like her resistance to infection is low. I worked at a daycare center and was sick with something every few weeks. I couldn't handle being around all those children who caught everything coming down the pike.

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Ah Poor Kylie! I hope she is doing better. She sounds like her resistance to infection is low. I worked at a daycare center and was sick with something every few weeks. I couldn't handle being around all those children who caught everything coming down the pike.

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    I hope Kylie gets well soon...it's so nerve-wracking having a sick baby and hoping that you are doing everything that you should to help them get well. {{{Dana and Kylie}}}

    Good luck convincing Tim's Mom to have the surgery...hopefully she'll accept help from you and Tim so she can get better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home