Mindy Memories

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Wednesday night

I need to work in some stitching time. I haven't been on the computer as much as I used to be, but I'm still not finding as much time to stitch as I used to. Don't know what's going on there. Maybe it's because I'm better about cooking meals and I'm spending more time planning meals and grocery lists. I guess after a while I'll be quicker.

Favorite WW Snacks... so far
One of my favorite snacks, and I apologize if I mentioned it already, is eating two graham cracker squares with Cool Whip Free in between them. It's like an ice cream sandwich and is only 1 point for each!

Another idea I got at the meeting on Monday is to eat a serving of pumpkin with nutmeg, cinnamon, Splena and a little Cool Whip Free. I think that's only 1 or 2 points. Have to check the pumpkin points, but they said it tastes great!

Another lady has a sandwich made with the lite bread that is 1 or 2 points for 2 slices, cucumber, lettuce and tomoato. She says it fills her up when she's hungry but doesn't want to waste points.

Something I like for lunch is cucumber or raw zucchinni with tuna fish on it. It's good for protein and veggies. I usually use a very small amount of the Kraft fat-free mayo, the one with the red top. It's the only kind of fat-free mayo that tastes decent to me at all, and I use just enough to make the tuna stick together.

I've also found the JELLO nonfat pudding snacks and Polly-O lowfat string cheese to be great ways for me to snack and get my dairy for 2 points each. I've had other lowfat string cheese, but I think the Polly-O is the best.

For a zero-point snack, sugar-free JELLO gelatin and Cool Whip Free is very yummy.

I tend to boil a bunch of eggs at once and put them in a bowl in the fridge. I don't have one every day, but every few days I have one or two for breakfast. They are a great source of protein and are 2 points each. I have no choloesterol problems so I don't have to worry about that, although I've been reading that eggs are better for people than thought a few years ago -- in moderation.

Many probably already use these, but I figured I'd share. Feel free to share any of your snack and meal secrets.


4 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger Kiwi Jo said…

    Thanks for the tips Mindy! I'm going to try the pumpkin one as it sounds delicious - like a little pumpkin pie! Keep up the good work and congratulations on your success to date. Jo

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Becky said…

    that pumpkin one sounds great! I really like cucumber slices with a bit of salt, also-

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Eggs are great! Sometimes I just forget to use them which is a waste of a good food and my guys love them! Your snacks sound good. Don't forget the whipped cream in a can hardly has any fat and calories and is great in hot drinks like low fat cocoa. : )

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    I'm going to try the graham cracker cool whip thing...that sounds like something I'd like (and DS could eat it too since he wants whatever I'm having).

    I like toasted cucumber sandwiches.

    When I find that I'm not eating enough fruits and/or dairy. I start making smoothies (non-fat milk, non-fat fruit yogurt, with whatever berries I have in the freezer and usually a banana)...it's filling and yummy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home