Mindy Memories

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Lost a little, not much

I'm glad to have lost anything at all, so that's good. I'm down a 3/4 pound from last week. I ate all but one of my extra weekly points, so I'm glad that I lost anything at all. Normally I don't plan on eating that many points, but it's good to know that I can still lose a little bit if I do and don't replace any with activity points.

I'm going to take some of my WIPs to work to scan in to my album today. I scanned in some of my completed projects a few days ago but didn't get to the WIPs. A lot of people have a "What I'm working on" and "Recently completed" area on their sidebars, and I want to be a copycat and have them, too :)

I've put in another 9 hours on Deco Spirits. I may yet get it finished this month, but I don't think so. I may have to work on some small projects before I finish it because I don't think I can stand to stitch this whole block without a break. I tend to get sloppy if I get bored with a project. The colors and design are beautiful, but sometimes I need to work on other things.

On to the SQoTW: Hand-dyed fabrics - love 'em or hate 'em? If you love them, what kind/colours do you have?
I think they are beautiful, but also think sometimes they detract from the design. It depends on the fabric and the design. If a design is very busy, a very contrasty fabric makes it too much, IMHO. I prefer the more subtle hand-dyes. Of course, there are exceptions and my opinion is formed case-by-case. I think my favorites are the angels stitched on fabrics that look like clouds and the mermaids stitched on ocean-type fabric.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home