Mindy Memories

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Proud of myself

So, I have little money for groceries and gas for the next 1.5 weeks. I'll have some Thanksgiving leftovers, but those only last so long, and I need something before then as well. So, I'm doing my best to get healthy food with as little money as possible. I walked a block to the produce place up the street and spent less than $12 on:

bananas
bag of carrots
bag of baby carrots
celery
cabbage
2 zucchini
large cucumber
tomato paste
5 tangerines
1/2 gal. apple cider
green beans

Depending on where you are, that might not seem like a great deal. Around here, it's much better than the grocery store, and the food is better and fresher. I'm sure I could drive out to Lancaster and get better prices, but it's really not worth it for the gas and time spent to drive a total of 2.5-3 hours.

So, I'm going to make that zero point soup and see how I like it. I think it will help me to not go over my daily points this weekend, maybe eat one or two under. I've never tried it before but I've heard it's good, although I will have to use some points for crackers -- soup isn't soup without at least a few crackers :)

I don't know why I don't go there more often. I always end up buying my produce when I buy the rest of my groceries, thinking it's easier to get it all done at once. Well, it is, but it's not THAT much harder for me to walk a block up the street to buy my produce. I really should do this from now on for most of my produce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home