Mindy Memories

Friday, July 27, 2007

Yay, it's Friday!

First off, I want to say that I MUST see The Simpsons Movie this weekend, if only to find out what's going on in this picture I found on Rotten Tomatoes:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Now, onto other things, the good and bad of the week. I'll start with bad so that I can end with good.


Bad

Had a horrible migraine that started Tuesday night and went into Wednesday. I just slept all day. I know the humidity blast that came in had a lot to do with it. I've read that ginger can help with that, among other things. I do notice that when I eating ginger I feel better, so I'm going to get me some more of that good stuff that I haven't had in a while.

Originally, Tim had Fri, Sat and Sun off. At the last minute, they decided to force him to work Sat overnight, then he has to work very early Mon morning. I say "force" because that's what he says. There's some sort of union thing, apparently. I've never worked for a union so don't get half the stuff, but as far as I can see, the only thing that union does is screw him and people who have been there 2 years or less while letting the ones with seniority do whatever the hell they want. He's making decent money, but I don't know that it's worth the crap they put him through.



Good


Found out that we'll have program funders at our end-of-internships luncheon for one of my programs. They are philanthropists who are well-known in the Philly area, so I'm hoping this will help me get some press for the programs. The kids were great this year. One program is for Jewish college kids who intern at local Jewish organizations while learning about their culture and mentoring the other intern group. That other group is for at-risk Jewish high school juniors who also intern at local Jewish organizations and receive free SAT tutoring and other college prep help. They are fantastic internships and have really grown in the last few years.

Went to a great show last night at World Cafe on 30th and Walnut in Philly. It was Lez Zeppelin, an all-girl band playing Led Zeppelin tunes. Wow! They were awesome. The opening group was good, too -- April Smith and her band (can't remember the name of the band right now.) Her voice reminded us of Gwen Stefani -- not too breathy or girly, if that makes sense. Tickets were only $16 -- for a fantastic night of music. I spent that much on beer while I was there, lol. I love the fact that as long as I drink at least as much water as beer, I don't end up with a hangover. It also helps me not guzzle the beer so that I get really stupid. I've discovered I have quite a hankering for Yuengling, after not being a beer drinker most of my life.

I'm almost done with my crazy stitching project. After discovering In a Minute Ago a few weeks ago that showed some awesome crazy quilts and free-style embroidery (don't know what else to call it), I was inspired to create my own free-style embroidery. I'm almost done with it and will post a picture when I'm finished. It's very different from anything I've done before.



Well, that's enough for now. I wanted to be sure I listed more "goods" than "bads" as I was a bit ranty for a while and am trying to get past it. :)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home