Mindy Memories

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Stitching and exercise

Today I finally ordered the beads I need to finish Mermaid of the Pearls. I usually order from Stitching Bits and Bobs. I know a lot of people have had problems because they end up waiting a long time, but I don't mind waiting. I figure I'm getting a good deal and don't mind waiting for my shipment. The poor mermaid has waited this long, a few more weeks won't matter.

Tonight when I get home I'm going to get a picture of my progress on Liberty Sampler. I got much farther along on this last stint, but had to put it away as much of it is very repetitive.

I was looking through some of my unkitted fabric over the weekend and found some designs to go with them. After that, somehow TW's The Castle was started. Before I knew it, I was stitching the top of the left at the far left, near the castle turret. Funny how these things happen. I actually have another TW that's been a WIP for years (English Garden Welcome), but The Castle has a lot more color blocks than English Garden Welcome does. Perhaps that's why I've made very slow progress on the other one.

I have made a decision about Sleeping Beauty. I can't stand the Wichelt fabric I chose for her and have decided to give her away to anyone on the Mirabilia BB who wants to finish her. I'll send along the chart and the floss so there's no difference in dye lots. She's beautiful, but I just don't enjoy stitching her on that Wichelt. I've learned a lesson at least -- only Zweigart for me. It's also an opportunity to buy one very large piece of fabric, cut it, and use it for both Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. I'm going to offer it up soon, probably over the weekend. I hate to see her go, but I'd rather she go to a good home and get finished. :)

Oh, along with ordering the beads for Mermaid of the Pearls, I also ordered some Mirabilias I've been meaning to purchase: Fern, Ivy, South Seas Mermaid and Mermaid of Atlantis. That last mermaid really looks stunning and I figured I may as well order a few things to make it worth the shipping, hee hee. There are more Mirabilias I need to order, but this is enough for now. It's not like I have none to work on or waiting in the wings.

Finally, I need to report that I'm back on the wagon when it comes to my diet and fitness. I've been working out sporadically for the last few weeks, but this week I seem to be getting back into the groove. A huge part of it is that I'm no longer working the crazy hours I worked for months. I don't mind doing that when needed, but a few days of working late turned into a few months. Now that I don't have as much on my plate I'm able to work out in the morning before work or in the evening after work, depending on Tim's schedule. I try not to work out when he's here, as I feel a little self-conscious.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Anna M said…

    That's the problem with looking through your stash, they all start to scream at you and it's harder to hush them up! I was cleaning out my stash chest last week and there must have been a dozen projects that where screaming to be started. I was good and ignored them but boy was it hard.

    Sorry to hear about the fabric problems with Sleeping Beauty but in the end I know both you and the new owner of her will be much happier.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home