Mindy Memories

Friday, April 27, 2007

Can't believe it's been almost a month

Here it is April 27 and the last post was April 3. Been busy at work, but it's slowing down a little to a relatively normal pace now. My EARN Center grand opening on April 18 was a great success and I was able to get proclamations from the governor and mayor to be read at the event and I'll get them framed for the center. We had lots of people show up to see the mural and take tours to better understand what they do for their clients. We met with a reporter from The Northeast Times the following day and he wrote up a nice article that appeared this week. It's not the Philadelphia Inquirer, but it's something.

Today I took a program director from our 55+ program (it helps people over 55 find work) to a taping for a TV segment. That went well, too. It helps that she has a great radio/tv voice and just carries herself well and is a presence. I think they are interested in featuring our other programs, which would also be great.

I see in my last post I said I was ordering the missing beads for Mermaid of the Pearls. Ha! I still haven't ordered them, lol. I did stitch a little on Liberty Sampler and will get a picture up after I stitch a bit more over the weekend.

I saw the new mermaid that's coming out from Mirabilia soon. I love it! I don't understand all the comments about the fabric. Yeah, I don't think it's the best fabric but it's always hard to tell from those photos. However, we don't have to use the fabric used in the model. I wish people wouldn't judge the design by the fabric. That's like going house-hunting and judging the place by the paint color or wallpaper. You can always repaint.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Yany said…

    Hi Mindy!! nice to see you back :)

    I love the new Mirabilia too!! and agree about the fabric...sometimes I feel that the people that complain about it, doesn't want to have to pic a new fabric,like if they want "all the job done" LOL
    But picking the right fabric is IMHO part of the fun... :)

     
  • At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there :) I followed your link from your Mermaid of the Pearls on the Mira BB. Sounds like a great stash shopping excursion! :) Probably a bit cheeky but I would be happy to put my hand up for Sleeping Beauty :D What you have done so far looks gorgeous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home