Mindy Memories

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Various stuff

Haven't been here for a while. We're having a bit of March Madness at work, but it will be flowing into April and the beginning of March. Just a lot of stuff going on.

1. Is it really necessary to listen to your voice mail on speaker phone at the highest volume possible with your door open? What if somebody is telling you something confidential? Do you have any idea how distracting and rude this is?

2. So, I hear that students who do their homework while on MySpace tend to see a drop in grades? Really? I never would have guessed! You mean if you're writing that term paper while talking to your buddies about that cute guy (or God knows what else) that you may get sidetracked while writing? Well, I never! Of course it's all the fault of MySpace, isn't it? Personal or parental responsbility has absolutely nothing to do with it.

3. Yesterday's weather was awesome! I wore my crop pants and a short-sleeved shirt. Today I'm wearing a skirt but am back to tights and a sweater, and tomorrow is a jeans and sweater/sweatshirt day. We are having our Wellness Walk on Saturday. If it weren't for one of my coworkers organizing it, I wouldn't go because it's going to be in the 30s. However, I really need to go to show support.

4. We are painting a huge mural next week. One of our programs has a huge (almost 100 feet) wall that has no windows or anything and needed something. So, our designer is sketching it today, with the help of some other staff members. It's going to consist of several panels of different scenes reflecting Philadelphia. We are getting clients from various programs, as well as staff, to paint it next week. I'm very excited, and scared. :) I hope I can get some press there.

5. Can you believe I'm STILL not done with Mermaid of the Pearls? I thought I'd be done with the stitching by now, but hope to finish this weekend. Yeah, I've said that before. Things have been crazy and I've been working more so haven't been stitching at night. This won't last forever, so I should be back into good stitching mode by May.

6. Tim and I are going away for my birthday, which happens to fall on Easter this year. We're going to New Hope, PA. I think it will be nice to get away for a few days and I'm taking the 9th off from work as we have the 10th off already (last day of Passover). Have I mentioned that I LOVE that we get normal holidays plus Jewish holidays?

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy early birthday!
    When you go to Bucks County, make sure you go to the Mercer Museum in Doylestown. I think you'll like it. There's a few more places there-the Pearl Buck museum too (haven't been there).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home