Mindy Memories

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Rant and Rave

1. Minor rant -- I hate it when people use the snow as an excuse to leave early. I'm not talking nasty, icy snow like we got in February. I'm talking 2 inches (at the most) of gently falling, dry powdery snow that doesn't even stick to the roads because they've been treated. I was in a training class for two days and a bunch of people said they had to leave early because of the snow, and left about 3 hours early. Come on! I know some people are scared to drive in snow, but THIS IS PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA! We get snow every year, for cryin' out loud!

2. Rave -- I saw Zodiac yesterday after leaving my training on time. :) I got there just in time to get some yummies and sit down to watch it at 5PM and get home a little after 8PM and still have a little evening left. I really enjoyed it. I saw a review that said they thought it was too plodding and stuck too much to the case files, but I really liked it. It showed how they went through the process of figuring things out, finding out they were wrong, finding out maybe they were right, etc. It also showed how, years after the last killings, the Zodiac was still affecting lives in a big way. I also like a lot of the actors -- Jake Gyllenhaal, Robert Downey, Jr., Mark Ruffalo.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger claudia said…

    Ranting is allowed...although I would have to admit, I'd be one of those leaving early, but not that early! I haven't driven in snow much at all, and it scares the you know what out of me. I have lived on the central coast of California all my life, so...
    As far as the movie Zodiac goes, I would love to see it. I was a teen living not more than fifteen miles from where all this was going on, and my parents kind of sheltered me from most of the newes about it. I'd like to know more about what was going on. It's a little spooky to me even now!

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Christine G. said…

    i'm with you on the snow. i do have an hour commute -- and sometimes it is a lot snowier up at my house than it is at my office, so i am sometimes shocked and think... "I shoulda left earlier..."

    nice to see your blog in my referral logs. it's been a while. not sure if it is you that is visiting or one of your readers... but i always say "oh, a mindy!" when i see your url.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home