Mindy Memories

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Almost done

I've been saying "almost done" for a while now when it comes to Mermaid of the Pearls, but this time I mean it. If I had a few more of those green beads, I would be done. Unfortunately, I usually need more beads than called for because I tend to drop some here and there and they go into the couch and never seen again. I haven't added the treasures yet, either. The rest is done. I knew there were a lot of beads on her but wow! I had no idea how many until I stitched her. I knew there were a lot in the pearls area, but there's quite a bit on her fins, too.

These aren't the best pictures in the world, but you get the idea. The second one is a close-up of most of the beads and metallics. She's stitched on Jubilation linen from Silkweaver.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Angi said…

    absolutely gorgeous!! Can't wait til you happy dance!

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    Wow Mindy she's fabulous! And I thought the queens had a wack of beads...

    I love to bead though but I know some people think I'm weird.

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Fantastic!!!

    I love beading, but I have to admit that I was intimidated when I saw a model of MotP stitched in a shop.

    Congrats on all of that hard work@

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Wow!!! That's so incredibly pretty!

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger Jill in CA said…

    Wow, gorgeous!! That is a whole heck of a lot of beads though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home