Mindy Memories

Friday, February 17, 2006

great workout, goofy weather

I did The Firm: Supercharged Sculpting and a Pilates workout today, and remembered why I like The Firm workouts so much. They aren't easy but I definitely see and feel the results! I'm already seeing definition in my shoulders. It helps when you have football player's shoulders and can handle a lot of weight. I guess that makes up for my week knees, as I have to be careful when doing squats and lunges.

It was funny last night -- I was half asleep and I scratched my shoulder and was then wide awake thinking, "Oh my God. I can actually feel the muscle there at the top of my shoulder!" It's been a long time, folks :)

The weather this week has been so darn goofy. All that snow we got last weekend has melted away for the most part, except for those little bits you get from drifts and plow piles. This morning it was pretty warm but rainy, and when I left work it was downright cold and windy. During the week we had a few days in the 50s. Crazy stuff.

I'm going to brainstorm this weekend about starting a type of "wellness club" at work. I can't remember how many people I've told about SparkPeople.com, but many seem to really be into it, either by me telling them or them noticing that I look different and asking what I'm doing. It's great to be able to point them to a place that is free! I talked to my friend Heidi (of BelicaBag fame), who is our recruiter, and sometime next month we're going to get together and see what we can come up with. I'm quite sure that we won't be able to spend any company money, so it's going to have to be a lot of recipe-sharing, tip-sharing, etc. If we get something going well she can use it as an added benefit in recruiting people to our firm. I think I could set up an EZ-Board (approved membership) where we could all go instead of relying on emails. That way the information is always there... well, unless they crash again. That's why I'll back it up every so often.

So, if I do that it will keep me motivated. If I'm going to be running the thing I want to be sure I'm setting a good example. My current mini-goal is to lose 15 pounds by Easter. That's a tall order, and I'm not sure if it's realistic, but we'll see. I'm not going to freak if I don't make it, but I'm pretty sure I can lose at least 10 by then. My mid-goal is to lose 25 pounds (from now) by June 1, which I think is realistic. Harris is providing the staff with a limo ride to King of Prussia Mall on March 15 and is paying for lunch and giving us spending money, so it would be nice to use that money to buy smaller clothes for myself :)
___________________________________

I have to add that this would be much more difficult if Tim wasn't supporting it. I end up in the livingroom almost every night from 20 minutes to an hour exercising. I told him that if he needed anything in the kitchen he could get it, just don't laugh. He knows that I'm self-conscious and does his best to not bother me until I tell him I'm done. That's very important and I have some friends who are not so lucky. He likes that I'm doing this the healthy way and he's noticing the difference in the way I look and feel about myself.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    I think your pictures look great... love the new outfit! That's a wonderful idea to keep photos of your progress.

    Good luck getting a group organized at work. You're right, that would definitely provide additional incentive to keep your healthy lifestyle.

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said…

    I think it's great that Tim is so supportive. I'm way to self conscious to exercise in front of DH.

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger Autumn said…

    I won't work out in front of my DH. Way too self-conscious here!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home