Mindy Memories

Thursday, February 16, 2006

All I did was walk up a ramp!

On the way out of the building at work I walked up a little ramp and somehow irritated my calf muscle again. ARGH! So, I was ticked off and when I came home I ate the rest of the pizza and too many Hershey Kisses. I'm going to enter it into my food for yesterday and the chips will land where they will.

I'm feeling better today, both in spirit and my leg. I found out that some other people had the same problem when using the incline during the Firm Transfirmer videos, and they put the smaller step in front on the floor, instead of on the incline. I'm going to try that next time I do those workouts. I'm not going to stop doing them as they really make a difference, but that's a good modification for me. I'm still doing walking and strength tapes, but yesterday I was just ticked.

On a good note, today I'm wearing my "10 pounds gone" outfit I bought myself a month or so ago at Burlington Coat Factory. I bought it there so that it would cost me a lot and is a pretty Sag Harbor flouncy springy skirt with green/blue paisleys and purple flowers. It sound strange, but is very pretty. I bought two light blouses to go with it, a size smaller than what I had been wearing, one in blue and one in lavender. I'm going to see if I can snag the digital camera at work and get Donna to take my picture so that I can keep track of this stuff. I have that picture that started it all, and also a picture from the awards banquet a few weeks ago.

So, another part of the reward is to go out and buy the next "10 pounds gone" outfit :) I debated with myself about doing this every 10 pounds, but if I stick with Burlington Coat Factory it will be pretty inexpensive. I think this skirt cost me $10 and the blouses $7 each. Now I just need to find some pretty blue or lavender shoes at Payless to go with the outfit, but with all the snow and mud on the ground I would have worn my black ones today anyway.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said…

    Congrats on the 10 lbs gone! :D

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    I bet you look great in the lavender too!
    Good for you Mindy. To tell you the truth, I was worried when you said you were doing an hour of exercise when you weren't use to it. I hope you don't try to exercise that long when you are in pain. I just read where you can surely do 2-4 shorter sessions a day and you get the same benefit as if you were doing it all at once. Like you could do stretching in the morning, your swimming at lunchtime, and then exercises or walking in the evening. Just an idea.
    Keep up the good work.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    A new outfit is an *awesome* 10 lb reward... I think you should definitely continue with that for every 10 lbs!

    Congratulations!!!

    I hope your leg has recovered... don't push it if it's sore :)

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Autumn said…

    Sounds like you're doing great! I think that's a good 10 lbs reward too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home