Mindy Memories

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Cool -- down 6 pounds for January!

I really seem to be making progress this time! I weighed myself in today and lost 6 pounds last month. My goal is to lost 10 pounds (the first 10, anyway) by February 14. I may or may not lost 4 pounds in the next two weeks, as that's a lot for me and I'm not going to go into some sort of starvation mode to do it and goof myself up when what I've been doing so far is working pretty well and giving me a slow and steady loss. Eventually, of course, I'm going to have to up the exercise and eat less calories in order to keep losing, but that's fine.

For some reason, it seems easier this time around - not easy, but easier than other times. Other times I've tried losing weight I'd quickly get discouraged if I had a "bad" day or two when I went over and just give up. This time, I've had a few days where I went over my calories, like Monday, but I just track it and move on -- and I still lost a pound. I think that's the big lesson right now, that I don't have to be perfect every minute of every day to lose weight. Granted, I'm sure I'll hit some plateaus later and will have to deal with them, but things are going well now.

(Is "plateaux" the plural of "plateau?")

Not really much else to say, just happy about my weight loss :)

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home