Mindy Memories

Monday, February 06, 2006

Shocked and saddened

I just don't know what to say. I was reading the blogs over the weekend, and when I read Laura Leigh's blog I was in complete shock. She was so young, and such a lovely lady. I regret that I was never able to meet her in person, she being way up in Canada. I always thought there'd be time -- we'd maybe meet at Hershey CATS sometime, or when Tim and I got our butts up to Canada maybe I'd meet up with her then. Now, I won't have the chance.

I'm surprised by how much her passing has upset me. I had a little cry this morning after I woke up and remembered. I never met her in person, so I feel silly. She's been on the boards since before I got there, so I've seen her posting for years. We've exchanged emails and Christmas cards, and every so often I would take a look at her pictures. I remember her beautiful wedding pictures, and that picture of her trying to stitch with the cat on her lap. I recently bought that peacock charm set for Misty Morning Vineyard from her, and after that piece is framed an on my wall I will definitely think of her every time I see it.

My condolences to those of you who knew her better than I. I imagine your pain is great, as she was a gentle and caring person, and this has come as such a shock to so many. My thoughts and prayers are with her husband and her family.

I'm just very sad about this. We lost a good one.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    I feel for you Mindy! Man, there Laura was blogging away one day about coming home from dance class and gone the next. If you find out what took her at such a young age, please share.
    If you know her husband, please send him our condolences. I am so, so sorry.

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    This has completely shocked me as well. It's truly a sad day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home