Mindy Memories

Thursday, February 09, 2006

I've almost reached my first mini-goal

I was going to post earlier, but wanted to wait a few days. I just feel weird posting something that puts Laura's post farther down the page. One of the lovely ladies on the boards made a pretty memorial picture of Laura, so maybe I'll go get it and put it in my sidebar. I'm still pretty shocked over the whole thing.

Anyway, back to my changing lifestyle: I'm down 9 pounds! They're "good" pounds, too -- I've been exercising almost every day. Those FIRM videos really are great, and I've been doing Pilates three times a week from the On Demand feature on my cable. I've also been doing some other workouts while waiting for some video/DVDs to come in from Ebay and Overstock.com. Three days a week I exercise for an hour, three days for at least 20 minutes, and the 7th day I rest or will take a little walk in the neighborhood or do the 1-mile Walk Away the Pounds (WATP) video. I have made my exercise schedule for February so that I'm more likely to stick to my program. I figure I can switch days around if I need to, but the workouts I have planned stay together and I still need to do at least 3 days of 60-minute workouts. I'm surprised I like these videos as much as I do, and I can tell they really work. I need to start taking my measurements, as I've already lost quite a bit in my legs and a little in my stomach.

My first mini-goal was losting 10 pounds by Valentine's Day, so as long as I lose one pound this week I'll hit it. I'm pretty sure I can do that :)

I've also been busy stitching. Since this is Finish It February, I finished (finally)Christmas Flourishes over the past weekend. I'd finished the stitches months ago, but finally did the beading this weekend. The beading too less time than I thought it would. That is odd, as usually I completely underestimate beading time. Now I need to get her framed and on the wall next to Christmas Elegance. I don't think they were meant as a pair, but I stitched them both on the same fabric and will get them framed the same way and make them into an artificial pair. Christmas or not, they will both stay up year-round -- too much time has been put into them to only display them for a month.


Image hosting by Photobucket

10 Comments:

  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Kiwi Jo said…

    She's absolutely stunning!! Big congrats on the weight loss too :)

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    I know what you mean. I didn't feel like posting and moving Laura's post down too soon either.

    As for Christmas Flourishes...WOW...she is gorgeous!! I've never paid much attention to this piece until seeing your progress.

    Congrats on the weight loss...that's awesome!! I'm going to have to check out some other videos. I'm not too fond of the one I bought.

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Yany said…

    Christmas Flourishes is gorgeous!!! and I agree, this beauty should be display the entire year!!

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your Christmas Flourishes is fabulous! I agree she should stay up all year - I did Christmas Elegance for my mum and she never takes it down!

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    She's gorgeous Mindy! I don't really think that she looks as "Christmas-y" as Christmas Elegance does, so you could totally leave her up year round.

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Jill in CA said…

    Congratulations on your beautiful finish, and on the weight loss!

    I haven't posted again on my blog either because I'm not ready to move on from my post about Laura either. I totally understand.

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Beautiful Mindy! I am sure it will look lovely next to your other piece.
    Great about your exercising. I guess you recommend the FIRM dvds then? Good job with your exercising too.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Gorgeous stitching and CONGRATS on the weight loss!

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    She is so beautiful!! Great stitching.

    Congrats on losing that weight.

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Singular Stitches said…

    Beautiful finish!!! Congrats!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home