Mindy Memories

Friday, February 17, 2006

Thanks!

Thanks to everybody who has been posting support for my weight-loss and continuing work on the matter. I know my posts lately have pretty much all been about that topic, and I know it can get boring.

Don't worry about me over-exercising. I'm only doing an hour for 3 days a week and about 20 minutes the other 3 days so that I don't overdo it. I just am not using the incline part of the step anymore, as that seems to be what aggravates my calf. Yesterday I did the 4-mile WATP and it was fine. It's just that incline movement that seems to bother it, so if I can avoid that for a while I think it will be normal again.

I'm drinking a nice glass of tomato juice this morning before going to work. Am I the only one who likes straight tomato juice? I can't stand V8. Tim was watching me drink it the other day and he couldn't believe it. He said, "I like tomato juice mixed with other things, but drinking it straight is like drinking Jack Daniels straight." LOL, well, he used to do that, so I don't know what the difference is :) I get the kind that is low in sodium so that I'm not getting a ton of salt that tastes like tomatoes.

So, here are my recent pictures. They aren't great as I just don't take pictures well and I wasn't ready for one of these so I look grumpy. If I'm not actively smiling I tend to have a grumpy look on my face, especially if I'm thinking. I hate that fact, but it's just the way my face is. You probably can't see much of a difference but in real life we can. The picture of me in the black dress is from our awards banquet a few weeks ago when I was down about 5 pounds. The one of me in my "10 pounds gone" outfit are, of course, when I was down 10 pounds. Most of my weight has been lost in my legs, but I must have lost some in my tummy because that top was too tight when I bought it last month and now it fits perfectly. It's a horrible picture of me, and I'm having a bad hair day, but it's a picture. The picture must have been taken at a weird angle, because the bottom of my skirt looks skewed and I know it wasn't.


Image hosting by Photobucket



Image hosting by Photobucket

3 Comments:

  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    The skirt is cute Mindy!

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    It's been said that the camera will add ten pounds to anyone, so I can easily believe that yout weight loss is more noticeable in person.

    Congrats on doing so well, so far!

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    You look great Mindy and I like your new outfit! Keep up the good work.
    And btw, Walmart has White Stag slacks/pants with just the elastic band in back at the waistline. I can actually wear a size smaller! I have trouble with zippers and my tummy, so a bigger size means baggy legs for me too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home