Mindy Memories

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Leg is better

I decided to make yesterday my rest day and today I did the Walk Away the Pounds (WATP) 2-mile and got through it fine. It's still a little stiff, but since I got through the walk OK and stretched it some more I should be OK to get back into my routine tomorrow.

I don't think I mentioned a few movies I've seen recently. I saw The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe and thought it was great! It's another one of those children's books that I didn't read as a kid because I was too busy reading Stephen King, so I'm planning on reading it sometime soon. I thought the animation was beautiful. There's something about a beaver in chain mail that cracks me up, though.

I also saw The Matador recently and was pleasantly surprised. I thought it would be funny, and it definitely was, but there were other aspects in the movie that were a bit more serious, even moving. There were a few twists in there that made you think you knew what happened, but you don't. I don't want to say too much and give anything away, but it's a great movie. Pierce Brosnan is so different in this as an aging hitman. For once he's not all suave and classy like he was in Remington Steele and the James Bond movies.

I stitched a bit on Guardian Angel this weekend, but that's about it. I wasn't in a mood for stitching for some reason this weekend. Too bad, as it was the perfect weekend for it -- we got about 18 inches of snow! Of course, it came during the week so it won't give us a snow day tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure 2-lane City Avenue is going to be 1.5-lane all the way to work and it will probably take me about 90minutes or more to get to work. I'm debating if I should catch the bus, which usually takes me an hour due to a transfer at 69th Street. However, the bus follows much of the same road, so then I'll be stuck on an overloaded bus with others who had the same idea as me, and it will still take forever. Hmmmmm... decisions, decisions...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home