Mindy Memories

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Whew!

My TransFIRMer set came in today and I did the first DVD when I got home -- Supercharged Sculpting. It was tough, but I got through it. It will be a little easier once I get the steps down. I don't have a lot of room, but just enough for this. There's one part, the leg presses, where we combine the two parts into a 14" step. I'm only 5'2", so that 14" step is pretty big for me, so now I'm only using the 8" step for that. Eventually I'll get there, but I don't want to overstress me knees when I'm just starting out. I figure a few months of this and I'll be a little thinner and feel more confident going to the pool, so then I can do a combination.

I have a picture at work that I'll post tomorrow if I think of it. The photo is the reason I'm really into changing my eating and exercise habits. It's of Harris, my Big Boss (Pres. of the firm) giving me a surprise $100 AMEX gift card back at our big firm meeting in early December. I'm smiling in the photo, but the whole time I'm focusing more on all the people who are looking at me and Donna taking my photo and how fat I look, rather than on the fact that people are applauding me and I'm getting an award of sorts. I used to not be bothered about talking in public, but now I am a little, thinking everyone is focusing more on how fat I am than on what I'm saying. I know how ridiculous that probably sounds, but it's affecting my career and my social life, not to mention my health.

On to other stuff...

I keep forgetting to take some pieces to work to scan. I'm close to finishing Guardian Angel and have put some time into Rose Celebration, and need to scan Rose Celebration for my Mirabilia Board SAL progress photo. I'm bad about remembering, then I get busy and forget to scan at lunch or before/after work. I get there eventually. I need to start making my lists and using my card file again. I'm trying to change things slowly, so I'm worried about adding all the card file stuff back into my schedule after not doing it for so long. Maybe I should make that a goal for February -- start using it slowly again.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Good luck! I'm always into trying something new and I like floor exercises better than machines. My knees kill me from time to time, so give me a knee report.
    I think some of us are just self-conscious or shy. The other people were jealous of your excellent prize. I've met and been with you and you are very sweet and great to be with.

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Singular Stitches said…

    You go, girl!! The new year is the perfect time to get started (so we see results by bathing suit season!!).

    I'm on the wagon, too! I got a pedometer with Christmas money and am following the Change One diet - no wierd foods, just focusing on portion size - who would have thunk it???

    Good luck and I'll be checking in on your progress for motivation!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home