Mindy Memories

Friday, December 30, 2005

SBQ

Now that I FINALLY have some working memes listed on my set (the old ones were mostly defunct, except the I Am Pariah site), I can keep up with them easier. For now, I'll answer the last few SBQs:

Take a minute to reflect on your blog reading habits and preferences. What do you prefer to read in stitching blogs? (Progress, tips, family life, experiences, etc.) How much do you think you are influenced by other stitching bloggers?
I really like seeing the progress and beautiful pieces from all the stitchers. Our tastes are all different, even when we are doing many of the same projects. I also really enjoy seeing how creative some people get with their pieces -- color conversions, adding or subtracting elements, etc. So many projects, so little time. I also like reading about family life and other experiences in some blogs. I think it depends on how much I feel like I'm a kind of "kindred spirit" with another people. I feel that I have a deeper relationship (as much as one can when it comes to blogging and boards, anyway) with some than others, and I enjoy reading more about their personal stuff than others. People I've known for a while or have met in person are easier for me to relate to.

As far as influence, I think I'm often influenced by other bloggers. My stash has grown many times over since joining some boards and reading blogs and seeing all the beautiful designs and fibers out there. I also enjoy reading blogs of people who are not of the same opinion as me, as they make me think more about why I think the way I do. Now, I don't care for blogs that are full of "we are right, you are wrong and stupid," but blogs that have something intelligent to say are great!

How do you balance your stitching time with your other obligations such as work, household chores, etc.?
Household chores? What are those? LOL. Well, I'm not that bad, but my house would be more organized and tidy if I didn't have my stitching. Then again, when I die I don't want to be known for having a clean house. It's presentable enough. I don't take on a lot of responsibilities these days so that I do have time for myself. I learned that lesson in college when I was way overextended and told myself I wouldn't do that again. So, I have plenty of stitching time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home