Mindy Memories

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The dreaded picture

OK, we'll see how long I decide to keep this up, but this is the picture I was talking about yesterday. This is the picture and event that made me realize that I was just not comfortable with myself anymore. I'm sure nobody else sees me that way and were happy for me, but the whole time I'm smiling I'm thinking, "Oh my God! Does my jacket cover the bottom bulge of my tummy?" Luckily, you can't see my gut in the picture but my face is just way too rotund.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 Comments:

  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Singular Stitches said…

    If I were in the audience I'd think "Wow, how lucky she is! She looks really happy!"

    Since this photo seems like it elicits strong reaction from you and a great motivator, you should print out a copy and put it up on your fridge! Keep one in your purse, etc. If you have it electronically, take a picture of yourself once a month and put it next to it to watch your progress.

    You can do it!!!

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Autumn said…

    I know how it is to see a picture of yourself and barely even recognize yourself. You seem really committed, so I think you'll do great!

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Michele said…

    Hey now! I haven't checked your blog in awhile but you are just a cutie pie! It's nice to put a face with a name!

     
  • At 1:13 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    I think it's a very good photo of you! Your look thrilled.
    You have to feel good about yourself, and your rewards (weight loss,etc) will follow.
    Thanks for sharing.
    PS-I bet my tummy bulge is bigger than yours. ;P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home