Mindy Memories

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Am I at sea?

I wonder that each time I look out the window, as it's very foggy and I can't see any of the buildings around us. I think of that part of Monty Python's The Meaning of Life where the old guys in the office building go off to sea to pirate a newer financial firm. Ironic, as I work for an old firm with a young president. Hmmm. Maybe I should be looking out for those old guys.

Quote of the Day: Another one from my second favorite movie of all time, The Usual Suspects:

Fenster: You do some time, they never let you go. You know. They treat you like a criminal. I'm not a criminal.
Hockney: You are a criminal.
Fenster: Now why'd you got to go and do that? (I'm) trying to make a point.

Thanks for the comments on my WIPS. I haven't done any stitching since Sunday, but hope to get some done tonight when I get home. I worked until 7pm last night and when I got home I ate dinner and vegged a bit then went to bed at 9:30. I woke up feeling better than I have in weeks, so I'm sure the sleep did me good. Poor Sleeping Beauty. I started her about 2 years ago and that's as far as I've gotten LOL! She's a beautiful design but the fabric bothers me a bit and I have a hard time keeping the tension as tight as I like. I don't have this problem with the other projects, but no matter what I do I seem to spend a lot of time fiddling with it. It's also huge so there's a lot of extra cloth to manage. She'll be finished some day :)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Laural said…

    She must be a project for yourself. I can never finish/start projects that are just for me, and Sleeping Beauty is definately on that list. You had excellent progress after the SAL! Good Job :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home