Mindy Memories

Monday, January 03, 2005

January Stitching Goals and other ramblings

1. Stitch at least one ornament
2. 10 hours on Guardian Angel (done)
3. Buy beads and Kreinik needed to finish Crystal Chandelier and Christmas Jewel, and finish them (5 hours tops combined)
4. Five hours each on:
Sweet Dreams Santa
Rose Arbour
Christmas Flourishes
Sleeping Beauty
Santa in Fur
L&L 1990 freebie

After that I will stitch whatever I want, if there's any January left

Quote of the Day: One of my favorites from Seinfeld, from The Bris/Pigman episode —

"I wish there were pig-men. You get a few of those pig-men walking around, suddenly I'm looking a lot better. That way if someone wanted to fix me up they could say, 'Hey, at least he's no pig-man.'" - George

_____________________________

I finally updated my sidebar. The recently finished is Dragon of the Winter Moon from Dragon Dreams. He's the partner to Dragon of the Summer Sky, finished in 2003 for Tim. Now I can get them both framed.

I also put in 10 hours on Guardian Angel and she's also in the sidebar. I think I got a lot done in those 10 hours. One thing I like about L&Ls is that they are pretty quick to stitch even if they are large. Below you can see the difference 10 hours makes. I'm so glad I take these pictures so that I can actually see my progress, as sometimes it feels like I'm not getting anywhere on these big projects.

Before


After


_____________________________

I decided to look back to 2004 and make a list of what I finished. I must admit I'm a bit disappointed as I thought I had finished more than this. A few of these are large projects and I've spent the last half of the year finishing what I've already started and not starting anything new, so next year I should have plenty of large finishes. I have two projects that are within an hour or so each of being done but I'm waiting for beads and Kreinik, so those will be some nice finishes soon.

2004 Finishes

Just Nan - Joy
Just Nan - Amethyst Snowflake
JCS - Noah's Ark

Ornaments:
white fuzzy tree
Peace x 4
Vermillion rabbit
6 snowflake tuck ornaments
Peace Love Joy ornament in blues and pinks

Sweetheart Tree Boudoir Box

Mirabilia -- Deco Spirits

L&L -- 2002 freebie
Celtic Summer

Dragon Dreams -- Dragon of the Winter Moon

_____________________________

On another note, I think I'm one of a few people in the Philadelphia area who doesn't think the world has ended because the Eagles lost their last game of the regular season. Come on people! For one, there are a lot worse things going on in the world. For another, who cares? They are in the play-offs so the next game is pretty much Game One and none of the others matter. I'd rather they lose and not risk injuring their starters than go into the play-offs with more injuries than they already have. The last few years they've gone into the play-offs with several injuries and it cost them. People really take this stuff waaaaayyy to seriously, and if they lost money on it that's their own damn fault anyway.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home