Mindy Memories

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy 2005!

Quote of the Day: One of my favorites from Christmas Vacation when Clark is talking to Cousin Eddie:

Clark: Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Eddie: Naw, I'm doing just fine, Clark.


I'm back home after spending the night at Tim's mom's place. He's still there, though. We drove separately since I met him halfway there where he works and neither of us wanted to leave our cars there overnight. I get antsy if I'm someplace with nothing to do for very long, so I left a little while after I woke up this morning. That way they have some time to hang out a while, too. It was an uneventful night, except for the normal idiots in the neighborhood who shoot their guns off at Midnight. I hate it when they do that. We just hung out for a while last night and ate our Chinese food. Nothing exciting, but that works for me. I don't like to go out on Amateur Night, anyway.

I just realized I hadn't written about the Fire Chair at my parents' house. Apparently, a few days before Christmas my dad almost set the house on fire. He fixes chandeliers and sells them, but sometimes doesn't want to spend a few dollars to buy the stuff he needs. So, instead of spending $6 on another cord he took one off an old lamp that no longer worked and rigged it to an extension cord. Well, many of us know this is not a good idea. While he was working on it the extension cord suddenly burst into flames -- didn't smoke or run down the length of the cord, but the whole thing suddenly went up. He was able to put it out and somehow avoided getting burnt. If you look at the chair you can see where it went across the chair. I really don't understand how he didn't get hurt. He's very lucky. So, one of his Christmas gifts from my SIL was a small fire extinguisher LOL! Adam, almost 3, calls it the Fire Chair :)

I can't get over how beautiful today is. They say it may rain later, but right now it's sunny and 59 degrees. It's supposed to get up to 63. So, it's warmer in Philadelphia for New Year's than it was in Orlando for Christmas -- a good 20-30 degrees difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home