Mindy Memories

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

This and that

I'm so looking forward to meeting some people at CATS in Hershey! I think it will be a lot of fun. This is the first one I'm going to so it will be a new experience. I have a very limited budget so I doubt I'll buy much, but I'm going more to meet people anyway, so that's no biggie. Hopefully Tim and Smokey can behave themselves for a few days.

I hate how the upcoming election is making people so horrible. Americans are being hateful to other Americans, some Americans and non-Americans are being hateful toward each other. Disagreement is one thing. Nobody is going to agree on everything and politics is definitely one of those issues. However, disagreeing doesn't mean it's right to start hurling personal insults. Of course, what one considers a personal insult seems to differ from person to person, so there's just no end to the crap. I'm sure it will be bad after the election, too -- especially if it's anything like last year's.

I don't feel like doing a meme today. It's actually pretty chilly in here even though I turned the heat up to 80. Hmmmm, I wonder if they turned the heat off again. It was on for a few days a while back but I think they turn it on and off quite a bit and no matter what I do with the thermostat it doesn't matter. It's not that cold, but it could be warmer. Tim will be irritated when he gets home. He likes to wear light clothes in the winter and turn the heat up, which drives me nuts. I grew up using a woodburning stove for much of our heat and we only turned the furnace on when it was very cold because we couldn't afford to use any more oil than absolutely necessary. Here the heat is included in the rent, so he doesn't think about it. I figure that's why we have a zillion blankets, sweaters and sweatshirts. Oh well, there's really no use arguing over it. I have to pick my battles :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home