Mindy Memories

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Is it a full moon or something?

I didn't post yesterday because I actually got quite a bit of stitching done and didn't get on the computer last night. Man, did I miss some stuff! Go away from the computer for a night and all Hell breaks loose on all sorts of boards!

Well, I don't feel like tackling yesterday's sci-fi questions for the Wednesday Matinee, so I'm skipping them. I just don't have the energy to think about what sci-fi I like best and get into the whole Star Trek vs. Star Wars thing.

However, I will do the Theater Thursday:

1. Do you remember the very first time you watched a movie on the big screen? Describe it.
I think it was actually Star Wars: A New Hope. I don't remember much except I think the Sand People scared me more than Darth Vader did. He was scarey but those things creeped me out! I would have been six when we saw it at the local drive-in (I miss those). I saw it with my mom and siblings. At first I didn't understand that the Imperial Troopers were people under those white outfits. I thought they were robots or something, like C3PO. It's annoying when people tell me that I was too young to have seen this when it first came out and that I must be mistaken. Duh! I think I know what movie I saw and when, jackass!

2. What was the last movie you saw on the big screen?
The Village. I saw it with a good friend and had promised Tim I'd also see it with him. I really liked it, he didn't. I think that's the way it is with that movie. The way they marketed it people thought it was a very different movie than it really was. That didn't bother me but I know other people were irritated.

3. Did you ever like a movie so much that you paid to watch it more than once? If so, what movie
OMG, this is sooooo embarassing! I can't tell you how many times I went to see LOTR: Return of the King when it was in the theater! It was out when I was only working part-time and was stuck in the house. I was bringing home a little money and some unemployment money but I didn't leave the house much because I knew if I went to the store to "window shop" I'd buy stuff, and I was only buying stitching stuff I needed for what I was working on, mostly DMC floss. I was going nutso because my resumes were either getting no response or interviews where I was told I was overqualified. So, once a week I'd have to get out of the house and would take myself to a matinee. I figured this movie was very long and would take up a lot of my time -- more bang for my buck! I knew I loved it and I absolutely love just listening to the music. It was nice to get my mind off things, if only for a few hours.

?BONUS) How much does a movie ticket cost in your neck of the woods?
Full-price shows here are around $8-$8.50 and $5.50-$6 for a matinee.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    I was having connection problems last night, so I missed stuff too, I guess. Actually, I didn't realize it until I read your blog!

    Glad you got some stitching done!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home