Mindy Memories

Friday, September 24, 2004

It's Friday!

I have the feeling we'll be busy at work today. Some agents tend to hold on to their applications until Friday then they want them done at the last minute for this week of the contest. Apparently this happens every year. Very annoying, since if anything isn't quite right with the app we can't enter it and somehow that will end up being our fault, ya know what I mean?

So, I figured I'd get on here early as I'm planning to go to my friend's house after work if I'm still feeling OK. Felt crappy yesterday but better this morning. I'm going to do my last cleaning of the soot at work today -- better be the last time. Now that the filter is on the vent this should be the last time and if it makes me sicker at least I won't miss any work because of it.

So, here's Four for Friday. The other ones weren't up yet and I dont' feel like waiting around.

Q1: When shopping for food or related sundries, how important are brands in your decision-making process? For instance, let's say you're standing in the cereal isle at your local supermarket, and right there in front of you are two of essentially the same item, but one carries a brand name or label you're familiar with, while the other is labeled with the name of the supermarket? All things being equal except price, which box of cereal do you purchase?
Depends on the product. I'm very particular about laundry soap because many of them make my feet and ankles itch. I know Tide does not so that's what I buy, on sale or not. Plus, I've found that I tend to use more of the generic brands of laundry soap, so I'm really not saving any money, and they don't get my clothes as clean. Where's the bargain in that? I'm the same way about cola -- can't stand generic cola. Other stuff I don't care so much about. I tend to always get generic canned veggies and frozen veggies. When it comes to cereal I get non-sugary stuff that's either on a great sale or generic.

Q2: If you wore eyeglasses, based on what you know today about the procedure, would you choose to have elective laser surgery to correct a common eye disorder such as nearsightedness, farsightedness or an astigmatism (distorted vision)? Do you know anyone who has had this sort of surgery, and if so, what have they said about the experience and/or the results?
I don't know anyone who has had it. I doubt I'd ever have it done. I have eye issues and whenever anything happens to a person's eyes in a movie it really freaks me out. I'm fine with my glasses, thanks! Plus, for me it's not worth the risk. I rely on my eyes for too many things to have surgery just so I don't have to wear glasses.

Q3: What do you do when you're given the wrong amount of change when purchasing something with cash? Does your reaction differ depending on which side of the equation you land, i.e., receiving too much change verses not enough?
I don't always notice. If it's obvious that somebody has stiffed me or has given me too much I tell them. I tend to only pay attention to bills and not coins, though.

Q4: Do you have confidence in the airport screening procedures in place in the United States?
Not complete confidence, no. When I went out to Salt Lake City a few years back my luggage was searched, I took off my shoes, etc. etc. I have no problem with that. However, when I was at Salt Lake I dumped out my purse on the bed to go through some stuff and there it was -- a little pocket knife! I had COMPLETELY forgotten I had put it in there weeks before after I received it as a sample at work -- it has "Piano Lane" etched into it. So, for all the searching of my luggage (which was in the cargo hold) and taking off my shoes, they didn't catch the thing I had on me that could have been used as a weapon. That bothered me a great deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home