Mindy Memories

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Busy today

Finally at lunch! Our firm started their big Quota Buster this week and things have already picked up a lot. They do a very large amount of their business during this crazy five-week period every year. It's a contest and there are all sorts of prizes and nice trips for the agents.

So, Dianne sent me a second "Mini-Mindy" as she calls them :-) This one has darker hair and I'm truly "on the water":



The new Theater Thursday isn't up yet so instead I'm answering the Thursday Threesome:

Onesome: Girl- Girls' (or boys') Night Out- Do you ever just feel the need to drop everything and go hang out with your pals? What do you all do when you go out? Something "wild" like partying at the bar, or something as "mild" as just hanging out at a coffee shop and discussing the latest books you've read? Or do you head over to a pal's house to watch the big game?
I do this on occasion, although it's difficult since my best friends have kids and aren't able to be as impulsive as me. It's not always a big deal though, since my favorite thing to do with the girls is to just hang out and jabberjaw, eat bad food and watch a movie. Sometimes we'll go out to a movie or shopping, but with the kid angle it's just easier (and less expensive) to hang out and somebody's house. I'm a homebody, so that's fine with me.

Twosome: Scout- Were you ever a scout as a kid? Which branch? Did you join willingly or was it something you did because everyone else was or your parents thought it would be "good for you?"
I was a Brownie for a few years but then I got into 4H. My sister was in it and my mom was our club leader. Maureen was in a second group for horses and I was in a second group for dogs. I really enjoyed it and learned a lot, and it was where I had my first experience with cross-stitching. And it was good for me :-)

Threesome: Cookies- What's your favorite kind of cookie? What's the strangest cookie you've ever had or heard of but been too afraid to try? And do you buy Girl Scout cookies? Which ones?
My favorite is the kind with the white chocolate chips and Macademia nuts. Yummy! Pretty much any kind will do. The strangest cookie I've had or heard of was a bacon grease cookie they were talking about on a board the other day. I think they use the grease to oil the pan, but it just rubbed me the wrong way and I didn't even open the thread, so I could be wrong. I do buy Girl Scout cookies but try to be careful because if I buy them I eat them. I love the Thin Mints but the title gets me -- it makes me think "thin" but those mints will do anything but make me thin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home