Mindy Memories

Friday, October 15, 2004

Been a while

Wow! I knew it had been some time since I last posted here but didn't realize it had been THAT long!

I hadn't posted for a while because I took a little bit of a break from the Internet. Not a major one, and there were some boards I still visited, but the election bashing was getting to me so I didn't post much for a bit. I refuse to call them "discussions" because in most cases they start out that way but they turn personal.

The good news is that I'm going to Hershey CATS next weekend! I didn't think I'd be able to afford it, but thanks to some circumstances there's a woman who has an opening in her room AND comes by my area on the way to Hershey. Plus, another friend was going to help me take Amtrak if I needed to, since my car really needs some work, and she told me to keep what she sent me to shop and for food. It's very hard for me to accept help and I tend to be fiercely independent, but I figure these things would not be offered to me if not with sincerety, so I accpeted.

Also, I recently put in a request for Pagemaker and Photoshop at work. Publisher gets the basic job done, but not if they want to look professional and deal with outside printers. I figured I'd get one or the other, but they are buying me both! Woohoo! Not only will this make me and them look better, but it will also help me to keep up with my skills. I'm probably a little rusty after a year of not using them, but considering I've been using Pagemaker since 1989 and Photoshop since 1995, I think I'll pick them up again pretty quickly. I was pretty floored that he bought both for me. It's a little scary, because now I have to live up to my big talk LOL! I have in the past and can do so again now.


5 Comments:

  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Stacey said…

    Yay! I'm glad you're back. I missed you.:)

    Stacey

     
  • At 4:31 AM, Blogger Erica said…

    I missed you too! I totally hear ya about the election stuff...it's quite wearing after a while. Welcome back. :)

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Glad to see you up and running again too Mindy. Its great you are going to CATS. I'll miss this one again as Hershey is a bit of a haul for me too and also Sean's 18th birthday-not sure if he would enjoy that! I love those XS shows and been to a few and met Teresa Wentzler, the Dimple Designs guys, Dale Burnett (think that's right-a real 'oldie' in the xs business),JBW Designs lady- is it Jane Whitman? and saw Alma Lynn running around. My mom got to meet Victoria Brown the ribbon embroidery lady. I don't know who will be at the show, but if you have any of their charts or books, they will sign them for you. Have fun and get some stash enhancement!

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    Yay...you're back!!

    I hear ya...I've stopped reading several boards because there's such a high number of posts about the campaign. In addition to not being American, I'm not interested in reading personal attacks. The Mira BB is a safe spot, thank goodness!

    Anyway glad to see you blogging again...and have a great time at CATS!! I'm so jealous...I'd love to be able to go to CATS...anytime, anywhere.

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Annette said…

    I'm looking forward to meeting you in Hershey, Mindy! Also *very* glad to see you blogging again :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home