Mindy Memories

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

TV Tuesday

A great show never dies, it simply spins off into new shows! LOL This week we'll take a look at the ever famous spin off syndrome!!

1. What's your favorite all time spin off? Which show did it spin off?
Off the top of my head I'd say Frasier. It was a spin-off from Cheers and I think I actually enjoy Frasier more. I really don't watch the Cheers reruns but often watch the reruns for Frasier.

2. What do you consider the worst spin off ever? Why?
Well, I try not to remember those. However, there was a really bad show about Sheriff Lobo that I think was a spin-off of that BJ and the Bear show I liked as a kid, the one with the cute truck driver and the monkey. I probably wouldn't like it now but liked it then. Didn't care for the spin-off at all, though.

3. Is there a show that's ended that you wish they'd done a spin off for? Which one?
Technically, Angel is a spin-off of Buffy but I never really got into it. I missed a few episodes a few years back and was confused and couldn't find my way back. I think it would be neat if they had another Hell Mouth somewhere (I think they mentioned Cleveland in the finale) and had something going on there. The thing is, pretty much every potential slayer was made a true slayer in the finale so there could be more than one slayer there, maybe some that go bad like Faith did, etc. Doubt it will happen, though. I'd like it but I also wouldn't want it to be EXACTLY like Buffy, either.

~Bonus~ If you could "end" your current life and make a spin off of it what would you call it? What would be the theme (characters new and eliminated, changes you'd make)?
Oh Lord, I'm bad at these kinds of questions! I guess my spin-off would have me living in San Francisco near my sister after I won the lottery so that Tim and I could move there. His mom would either come with us or we'd give her plenty of money so that she could hire somebody to help her with her errands and such. I'd still have my friends back here but would make new ones out there, I would think. It would also have to show my sister and I getting used to being so close geographically, which we haven't been since she was 17 and I was almost 14. It would be good but also hard at times because we are very different in many ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home