Mindy Memories

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Not working again 'til Monday :-)

I have today off and am going to Hershey tomorrow. One handy thing about working 4 day weeks is that I was able to work 5 last week to make up for one this week. Still, I hope to be full-time soon -- need that extra day's pay each week :-)

Anyway, I'm watching a documentary about the Bismarck. It mentions that her crew felt it was unsinkable. When will people realize that as soon as you call a ship unsinkable, the first thing it will do is sink? Obviously, the Titanic comes to mind. I'm also thinking the Andrea Doria was considered unsinkable, althought at least that one didn't go down the first time out. I tell ya, if I go on a cruise and hear a crew member say it's unsinkable, I'm outta there!

So, today I gotta get myself together for CATS. I was supposed to help my friend put some stuff on Ebay today but she didn't get back to me. I'll check with her later today but I'm not going out of my way if she doesn't let me know. I mean, I want to help but I have plenty to do today on my own, and if I can't get a call back for a few days it must be something that can wait until I get back.

Sometimes I think that my childed friends think that since I have no kids my time is not as important and that I can drop things whenever I'm needed. Honestly? I do have more free time than my friend with kids -- to me that's a given. When I say "free" time, though, I mean time to do what I want, not what I need to do for work or kids. My free time consists of stitching, TRYING to organize things around here, reading, etc. Yes, it's technically stuff I don't HAVE to do, but I don't like the assumption that I should just drop everything at the drop of a hat. Likewise, I don't like the assumption that plans with me can be canceled at the last minute because I don't have kids. I truly DO understand that these things happen, but my understanding does have limitations. I don't like feeling that plans with me are less important than absolutely anything else. Again, I know things happen when people have kids, but don't make plans with me than make plans afterwards during that time thinking that Mindy has a better schedule and can do it another time.

I'm not really upset or mad or anything, but I guess I figure if I'm going to try to help somebody that they can at least get back to me and let me know if the deal is on. Meh, I probably just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I wanted to sleep in since I'm not working today but I still woke up at 7am and am cranky :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home