Mindy Memories

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Me again

Here I go almost a month with nothing to say here, now I'm posting right after my last post. I guess that's the way these things go sometimes.

I just saw a question on a board asking, "What's the dumbest thing you've ever done to hurt yourself?" Well, for me I think it was something I did as a kid -- big surprise.

We had a dog run in the front yard of the house where I grew up in NY. The wire went across the yard from the front porch to a large pine tree on the other side. It was a little lower than usual and at about 5 feet tall I had to bend over just a little to get under it.

Well, my brother and I were chasing each other around oustide, probably playing one of our spy games or something. I went running across the yard and BOING! I ran into the wire and it cut me at the very top of my nose about the place where my bottom eyebrow corner is. It wasn't overly major, but it stung and we put some stuff on it. That was a Sunday.

The next Sunday it had almost healed. Guess what? I did it again, doing the same damn thing! I came in the house and showed my mom and I think she had just about had it with me LOL!


1 Comments:

  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Funny you should mention running into a wire. You know Sean, so I'll tell you what he did. We have clothesline poles in the back that were strung with stainless steel wire-something that wouldn't rust I guess (I just changed them this year to nylon cording as I fixed up the ugly poles). Sean was riding his bike and went sailing into the backyard, and you guessed it-right into the metal wire. Thank goodness he closed his eye, but he had a mark like you described. What was rough was it was the day before he started 5th grade! I took him to school that day and first took him to the nurse and then to the teacher and explained what happened. The nurse said we should have it looked at by the doctor, which we did. It was so nasty I didn't want them to think anything strange happened.It healed fine. Then he almost cut off the pad of one of his fingers this year before school started when he was trimming the hedges with the electric clippers. Oy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home