Mindy Memories

Monday, November 26, 2007

Picture time!

Finally got my butt in gear and downloaded then uploaded the stitching photos.

First is my "Why Hoard Gold?" from Dragon Dreams. She's stitched on a light greyish blue evenweave. I really love how this one turned out, and Tim also really likes it. She has such a sweet face.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This is the Mirabilia 2001 Cherub, a gift for my coworker at her shower this Thursday. I switched the colors so that the baby blanket and hat is green and the background is blue. She wanted the sex of the baby to be a surprise so I wanted it to be gender neutral. I also changed the beads on the baby's hat from blue to green.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And finally, this has nothing to do with stitching. Tim and I have many nice Christmas ornaments -- those light-up Hallmark ornaments, Lenox ornaments, pewter, etc. So, which one is his favorite? This one:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I received this a few years ago in an ornament exchange, and it is adorable. It's tongue depressor, painted white and with little eyes and a blue hat also painted. Then a button was added to the hat and a little fabric scarf was tied around the "neck." I love this ornament, but it cracks me up that it's Tim's favorite. I have to put it front and center and at his eye level, or else he'll move it there, lol.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 3:03 AM, Blogger Chiloe said…

    Beautiful work!!! I love the dragonand I'm sure your friend will be happy with the gift!

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    Your pieces are fantastic!

    And I think the tongue depresser ornament is cute... of course, my favorite is a bass (and I don't know why anyone would put a fish on their tree ;) )

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Yany said…

    Oh!! Lovely works Mindy!! congratulations!!!

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger paru's_circle said…

    dragon with choocie, its gotta be fireball flavour ;-)

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Aussie Stitcher said…

    Congratulations on your finishes, they look wonderful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home