Mindy Memories

Monday, November 26, 2007

Why Hoard Gold is finished -- picture to come shortly

Well, I finished Why Hoard Gold last night. Yay! I even took pictures of it and of the Mirabilia cherub. Of course, I still have to get them from my camera to my computer to my blog, but I should be able to do that tonight, if I can get on the computer. I'm very happy to be done with Why Hoard Gold. It's an adorable design, as all the Dragon Dreams designs are, but that rayon floss drives me crazy. I'll never learn. Every time I start a Dragon Dreams design that uses it I decide to use it because I like the sheen. Halfway through the design, I'm cursing myself for not just using plan old DMC, as it's a very simple conversion. Then, next time, I seem to forget the cursing and, telling myself that it's really not that bad, I use the rayon again.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    LOL! I love your description of stitching with rayon because it plays the same trick on me as a designer! I love the effect, but I actually had one of my early models UNSTITCH ITSELF because I didn't anchor the threads securely enough in one area and had to restitch it still framed with a curved needle!
    Rayon is indeed slippery stuff... but the effect is so beautiful, it suckers me in every time. Sorry!

    I can't wait to see the picture. Did you crave chocolate more while stitching it? VBG !

    Jennifer at Dragon Dreams

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger Mindy said…

    Yikes! Hopefully mine are anchored well enough so that won't happen. Don't apologize -- I completely understand why you use the rayon, as it really gives the dragons a nice sheen. I'll just continue to curse to myself while stitching with it because it does look nice.

    As for craving chocolate, I always crave chocolate so it was pretty much the same. :)

    My stitching friend Cindy actually converts regular DMC to rayon in some designs she stitches. I told her I think she's crazy.

    Thanks for visiting! Hope to get a picture up this evening.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home