Mindy Memories

Monday, November 26, 2007

Football: Eagles vs. Patriots

Wow! That game last night was unbelievable! Of course, it would have been even MORE unbelievable if the Eagles had won, but I'm going to give them a lot of credit for what they did: come closer than any other team this year to beating the undefeated Patriots, a team many "experts" say could be the best team in NFL history. The Eagles were expected to lose by anywhere from 22-25 points, from the news I saw before the game. Many Philadelphians were dreading this game. I wasn't even going to watch it, as I admit I had no hope. Those Patriots have been trouncing every team since the beginning of the season, and the Eagles haven't exactly been playing their best.

Imagine my surprise when, while watching Elf, I turned to NBC to see the score and saw that it was near the end of the third quarter and we were only three points behind. I figured, "To heck with Elf. I've seen that movie before and this game looks pretty interesting." Soon after, the Eagles scored and were ahead! At first, I wasn't sure if it was a touchdown because it was sooooo quiet. Then I remembered they weren't playing here.

The game was so close, right up to the end. That second interception was painful to watch, but I won't beat up Feeley as you could tell that he was beating himself up enough. He really played an amazing game.

So, now the question comes up again regarding quarterbacks. I have nothing against McNabb, but we've been playing better without him for the last few years. Even before that horrible injury put him out for the rest of the season last year, we played better with other QBs. I don't know why, maybe he doesn't have the chemistry with the team that he used to have. I don't pretend to know what goes on in the lockeroom or on the field. However, it seems that the Eagles play better without their starting quarterback, and I'm not the only one who thinks so. I'm glad I'm not the one who has to make these decisions.

So, good for the Eagles for giving the Patriots a run for their money and showing the NFL and fans that nothing is a given and that the underdog can put up a heck of a fight. I'm hoping this helps their morale and that they play better in upcoming games.

Also, I really like that Welcker from the Patriots team. The first guy they interviewed after the game was very cocky. Of course, he's the one who made two interceptions, so I may be biased. :) Welcker seemed like a class act when he was interviewed.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Even I cheered for the Eagles last night, and I am a diehard Cowboys fan (have been for years). It was nice to see them give the Patriots a run for their money (I have little to no respect for that team and absolutely NONE for their coach). As my husband pointed out, when you have a QB that can throw the ball and is willing to take a hit, it takes a lot of pressure off of Brian Westbrook.

    Had Feely been able to pull it off last night, McNabb would have been packing his bags this morning. I've always thought he was overrated anyway, and I don't think it will be long before he's run out of the city.

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I too am a diehard Cowboys fan and wanted the Eagles to win. I am with Don Shula even if the Pats run the table they don't deserve the credit with Spygate and all.

    I stitched on Lady Liberty some this weekend, but I was skipping around doing some of the darker shading, so she looks about the same.
    Tammy

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger Mindy said…

    Ohhhh, I had forgotten all about that spying thing. Now I feel even better about the Eagles *almost* beating them.

    Thanks for the support. Coming from Cowboys fans, that's especially awesome. I have to say that as good as T.O. has been playing, I'm glad we got rid of him. I really couldn't stand his attitude.

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    I was SO MAD when they signed TO. I thought for sure he'd blow our team to bits and I still was holding a grudge about him dancing on the star. But I have to say, he's like night and day and I've been really impressed with his maturity. We'll take it as long as it lasts! LOL

    The Eagles played really well tonight, but I'd like to see Donovan play when we take them on again in a few weeks. :-)

    As for the Patriots, if they were as good as they think they are, they wouldn't need to cheat. And if they are as successful as they are because they cheated, they definitely don't deserve the credit. I'll take Peyton Manning or Tony Romo any day over Tom Brady.

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cheaters NEVER win and winners NEVER cheat! Isn't that how the saying goes? I figured when we signed TO we were doomed, but I guess I felt the same way years ago when we signed Deion Sanders, and that wasn't as bad as it could have been either. However, it ain't all over yet!
    tammy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home